Saitek Radio Panel goes dark on PilotEdge

pxlmonk

Saitek Radio Panel goes dark on PilotEdge

Post by pxlmonk »

Hey everyone,
I'm running X Plane on a Mac Book Pro 15" retina display with Mac OS El Capitan 10.11.5. I'm flying AirfoilLabs Cessna 172SP_1.51.

I've noticed that if I don't connect to Pilot Edge, my Saitek radio panel works fine. But about a minute after I connect with PE
the unit goes dark.

Anyone else have this issue or one similar?

I can still fly fine but it's a pain to go back to using the zoom function to see the dials on my radio.

Thanks for any input.
Kyle.Sanders

Re: Saitek Radio Panel goes dark on PilotEdge

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Do you fly on other networks?

My thought here is that your USB hubs aren't getting enough power to power your panel. If you fly offline, your USB headset (if you have one) isn't using much power at all and therefore your panel is fine.

Once you log on and starting getting sound through the headset or the plugin is sending data to/from it- then you are over your USB power limit.

Consider doing a USB power reset and see if there is anything plugged into your other USB ports that don't NEED to be there.
Kyle Sanders
pxlmonk

Post by pxlmonk »

Thanks for the reply Kyle.

Pretty much everything that's hooked into my USB hub is needed: the dongle to run X Plane, the USB cord for my rudder pedals, and the USB cord running to the control yoke.

The USB cord for my headset is actually running off the port in my laptop.

The problem was intermittent until I upgraded a few days ago to 10.11.5. Not sure if this has anything to do with it or if it's as you said a USB power problem.

My USB hub is an older Belkin, but you're saying I should try cycling power on it when my panel goes out?

Thanks.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

It is strange that it is intermittent.
Still... I will try this if I were you http://smallbusiness.chron.com/reset-us ... 51619.html
Kyle Sanders
ewandougie

Post by ewandougie »

If its worth anything my macbook pro (not used for PE) has been acting weird of 10.11.5, it doesn't charge the iphone sometimes.

Could be related?
Skye

<RandomAirline>1050
G-SKYE
N17SK