Sound setup for Windows 10

Keith Smith

Re: Sound setup for Windows 10

Post by Keith Smith »

Steve,

You can tell the PE plugin for X-Plane to utilize a USB headset while X-Plane continues to use the speakers for the engine/ambient noise. In that case, you can control the volume of the USB headset as needed. You're not adjusting the PE volume directly, but the result is the same in that you're effectively able to adjust the volume of the ATC by adjusting the volume of your device.
mikealphacharlie

Post by mikealphacharlie »

Thanks Keith - the bit I'm having difficulty with is visualising how the ATC and PE audio streams can be split to different devices in Windows since they emanate from the same app. I guess it will become evident when I have a USB headset to play with.

Steve
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Steve, go to the Plugins->PilotEdge->Preferences and select the audio output device you want to use.

It's possible for one app to open multiple output devices and send different sounds to each device.
mikealphacharlie

Post by mikealphacharlie »

Keith Smith wrote:Steve, go to the Plugins->PilotEdge->Preferences and select the audio output device you want to use.

It's possible for one app to open multiple output devices and send different sounds to each device.
Aha! - now everything suddenly makes sense. Thanks Keith.

Steve