TCAS in plugin v1.2.0

Matthew McColl

TCAS in plugin v1.2.0

Post by Matthew McColl »

I have the TCAS working, but on the skyview on the E1000 and the Victory, it shows vectors of the aircraft (i.e their direction) and all of them show North, so that isn't working with PE traffic :(. At least I can see them though :)
Matthew McColl, king of the monotonous radio calls and gizmo plugin failures... Stay well clear when I'm up!
Keith Smith

Re: TCAS in plugin v1.2.0

Post by Keith Smith »

I'll write to them to see how they get that data. My guess is that they are reading the heading from a multiplayer that we aren't setting. Should be a one line change.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I'm in touch with Aerobask about this, it's as I suspected, they are using heading information (rather than deriving it themselves based on the change in position reports), so it should work if I update one additional multiplayer variable.

They're also going to implement TX/RX lights using the PE datarefs, too, as well as a COM1/2 transmit selector (the one on their panel isn't functional right now).

[moderator note: I split the last couple of posts from the 'release notes' thread into this new topic]
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Just got a test build of the E-1000 from Aerobask with the following changes:
- ability to select COM1 and COM2 at the same time for receiving
- TX and RX lights on each radio (red for xmit, green for receive)

I also just updated the plugin to provide heading information on the TCAS targets so the vectors are now drawn correctly. It should be a great combination when it's released.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Plugin v1.2.1 released with heading information and removed potential ghost targets. Keep an eye out for the next release of the E-1000 with full dual comm support and TX/RX lights for the radio.