newbie questions

smocfi

newbie questions

Post by smocfi »

Just got x-plane running, works great with PE. I have 3 iPads running the maps app, the six-pack display, and the radio stack. Questions: I can't zoom on the maps app, the +- buttons don't do anything. On the radio, if I select SMO tower in Com 1, I hear all kinds of towers and enroute talk, I thought the selected frequency would act like a real vhf.

Any help appreciated.

Will
BFG

Re: newbie questions

Post by BFG »

Controllers on PE typically man multiple frequencies - they have to, or there would be no way to staff the nearly 40 towered airports in the system. Because of how the network functions you can hear the controller speaking on multiple frequencies, but can only hear other pilots on your frequency. This is also not too dissimilar to how it works in the real world when a controller is talking to pilots on different transmitters.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

Furthermore, for tower and below- there is a repeater type system in place to limit the amount of pilots calling and stepping over each other. Tower and below, the pilot initiates most of the communications rather than the controller.
Once you get to the radar controllers, then it is as BFG said.
Kyle Sanders
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

What map app are you using?
Kyle Sanders
smocfi

Post by smocfi »

I'm using remoteflight map HD. I can't find any documentation on their website. The map seems to work, I get the power-on green and the map shows my position, I just can't zoom in or out.
Kyle.Sanders

Post by Kyle.Sanders »

According to this review- it is definitely zoomable. Might want to contact the developer for support.
http://www.avsim.com/index.php/_/review ... appl-r1141
Kyle Sanders