Start on VATSIM and end on Pilotedge

WagnerTenor

Start on VATSIM and end on Pilotedge

Post by WagnerTenor »

Sorry if this is been covered before, but I did a search and didn't come up with exactly what I wanted. Am I breaking any rules if I start on Vatisim and end on Pilotedge? So I would fly KORD-KLAX. If this is OK, when do I file a flight plan on Pilotedge? I'm thinking that the flight is over four hours, and if I file before the fight the plan will get deleted.

Thanks, Graham
Keith Smith

Re: Start on VATSIM and end on Pilotedge

Post by Keith Smith »

You're welcome to do so. This is no different than starting offline and then connecting to us in mid flight. You can file a flight plan on PilotEdge up to two hours before connecting to the network.

If you're using XPlane, this will require that you have the PilotEdge and Xsquawkbox plugins running at the same time. The latest version of PilotEdge does utilize the muitplayer system, so there is a chance that you'll get an error message from whichever plugin loads second saying that it can't acquire the multiplayer aircraft. If that's PilotEdge, then you won't get any TCAS aircraft.

I suspect it might be more hassle than it's worth, but it's up to you. Once we launch the expansion just before the end of the year, hopefully the coverage area will be large enough that you can fly entirely within the coverage area, receiving consistent, predictable ATC for the entire flight.
WagnerTenor

Re: Start on VATSIM and end on Pilotedge

Post by WagnerTenor »

Great thanks.

Graham