FSX SE users with FTX Global and FTX Gold SoCal?

jiva602

FSX SE users with FTX Global and FTX Gold SoCal?

Post by jiva602 »

I am running fsx se, Rex 4 texture direct, and just recently purchased FTX Gold SoCal and things are definitely looking better. However, I don't have FTX Global and wonder : will scenery be much improved if I have both SoCal & Global?

FPS is very important but for now I fly exclusively VFR and scenery is also a high priority.

If you have experience with this, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jiva

i7 6600
GTX 970
Windows 10
A2A
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
Matthias Geiss

Re: FSX SE users with FTX Global and FTX Gold SoCal?

Post by Matthias Geiss »

SCA is an all-in-one package. It comes with it's own textures, landclass, vector data and mesh. So while using Global, Vector and/or OpenLC at the same time does not hurt, it won't have any additional benefit to the area which is already covered by SCA. SCA will overtrump Global/Vector/OpenLC. The same is true for the other FTX regions.

It even comes with it's own custom mesh, so a third party mesh (like FS Genesis, FS Global, Toposim) will only be used if it's of a higher resolution than the one which is included in SCA (10m res.).
jiva602

Re: FSX SE users with FTX Global and FTX Gold SoCal?

Post by jiva602 »

Matthias,

Thank you so much for this information. This is exactly what I wanted to know for sure but wasn't able to understand by reading the Orbx website.

See you in the skies :)

Jiva
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11