A2A C182 users and the IDENT button on VC panel

jiva602

A2A C182 users and the IDENT button on VC panel

Post by jiva602 »

I was having connectivity issues while using PE transponder widget so now I have it unchecked. However, sometimes when I "ident" directly pressing the button on the panel in Virtual Cockpit, an "R" shows next to code indicating that button is pressed but the controller doesn't "see me".

Anyone else with this specific issue with this specific aircraft? The only thing I noticed that I did differently the time it did work was that I zoomed in pretty close on the panel and then clicked ident button.

**Question for PE staff**
If it is not busy, can I request an "ident check" while on the ground? I don't want to get in the way but do want to troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

Jiva
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
Thomas_Horn

Re: A2A C182 users and the IDENT button on VC panel

Post by Thomas_Horn »

...not sure if A2A has implemented this feature in their Cessna 182 transponder - I doubt :-)
But you can write a small Lua file which triggers the IDENT function from FSUIPC when the IDENT button is pressed in the virtual cockpit.

Cheers, Thomas
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

**Question for PE staff**
If it is not busy, can I request an "ident check" while on the ground? I don't want to get in the way but do want to troubleshoot this issue.
Yes, for enhanced realism I'd recommend doing it at an airport that has ground radar (KLAX, KSAN, KLAS, KSFO, or KSNA).
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

I noticed that there were several pilots having issues with transponder yesterday morning. Controller was awesome (as per usual) working with us and said he would pass the info along.

For some reason, every time I log out of PE, my transponder reverts to standby mode. Every time I connect, I go into settings, and change it to Mode C. Yesterday I did that, began flying, checked mid flight, and it was on standby again although my panel showed ALT. Whenever I ident, I see that response on my VC panel so not sure how/why I wouldn't see the change when it magically switches itself to STBY...

I have not recently changed any button/key assignments. I wish I could still use the widget but that only worked well one week and now will not allow me to switch screens so I gave it disabled. I have not made changes along the way, but mysteriously my experience has changed.
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11