Model Matching with WOAI

sidfadc

Model Matching with WOAI

Post by sidfadc »

Hi guys,

Quick question. I use WOAI for my AI traffic, can I model match in PE?

Thanks
Sid
sidfadc

Re: Model Matching with WOAI

Post by sidfadc »

Any ideas guys?

The other issue I'm having is last night a Virgin heavy was departing from KLAX, from my view the model had a VIP blue livery and the model looked really bad, even worse when he took off the gear didnt come up? I use FSX steam edition, could this be an issue if other users are using say Xplane or P3D. This issue is killing the immersion for me.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Sid
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Sid, there is a lot of information available for you in these forums. A quick search found this, viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1480#p9312.
You just need to be comfortable with the format of the files and you'll figure it out. It takes time to get everything set how you like and nothing is automatic. Good luck.
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Thanks Marcus, I did look at that thread before. My understanding is the instructions on that page are telling you how to model match with FSX default aircraft models unless I'm completely mistaken. What I want to do is model match with my WOAI aircraft which are of higher fidelity. I don't think the thread you linked goes into enough detail for me to understand how to make it happen.

For instance on VATSIM using VPilot there is a specific model matching section where I can specify WOAI model matching, the client then scans my simobjects/airplanes folder and creates a model matching file. I want to understand how to do this but on Pilotedge.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

Everything must be done manually.

Have you looked inside the .smx file for the PE client?
Where are you WOAI aircraft.cfg files? Do you know how to find information within the .cfg file?

I haven't looked at a FSX .cfg file in years so my recollection of how WOAI is built has diminished. If you can find the model you want to use in the .cfg file, find the title and follow the directions for adding it to the .smx file from the post above.
sidfadc

Post by sidfadc »

Yea I know where the aircraft.cfg files are for my WOAI aircraft, I think I understand what I have to do now. Thanks for your help, I'll have a go and see if I can make it work thanks.