Odd Flight Behavior - P3Dv3

mdamm87

Odd Flight Behavior - P3Dv3

Post by mdamm87 »

Hi guys,

I just recently started up with Pilotedge ( loving it so far :D ), but I'm experiencing some very odd behavior in the air that I've never seen before, whether flying offline or on other online networks. For example, this morning I took off at L52 in California in the Diamond Twin Star and flew runway heading for a time before beginning a turn to the left. I made a standard 30 degree turn to the left, but despite the plane itself rolling as it normally would, the plane itself wouldn't respond to the roll and begin the turn -- while the wings are -not- level. Moments later, the sim would "skip," causing the aircraft to turn to the left a couple of degrees, before freezing on the same heading -- before skipping again and making another small turn to the left a few degrees.

In short, if I bank the aircraft to the left or right, the aircraft itself will begin to roll, but it won't begin the turn, as if it's stuck on its present heading. This causes for some very delayed turns that make runway approaches near impossible.

Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

-Matt
stevekirks

Re: Odd Flight Behavior - P3Dv3

Post by stevekirks »

I've had this with ORBX scenery and my RealAir Legacy, especially at KAVX Catalina. It's due to some type of elevation conflict combined with AI aircraft I think, but I've never been able to isolate it. It sometimes happened at KSNA a few times too, same plane.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
mdamm87

Post by mdamm87 »

It's good to hear that it's not just me that has experienced this. What did you wind up doing to solve the problem? I'm really reluctant to disable ORBX SoCal, but if it makes flying impossible like this, I may just have to disable it and live with the default ground textures.
stevekirks

Post by stevekirks »

I think I re-ran the Airport Elevation Correction with those airports disabled (uncorrected) and that fixed it.
Steve Kirks (sKirks on Twitch)
KSGF--I-10 rated
Student Pilot
I invented the Alphabet Challenge, what's your excuse?
Alphabet Challenge
kadams587

Post by kadams587 »

This sounds way more like the ASN/AS2016 enhanced turbulence issue with certain addon aircraft, especially carenado aircraft. Unchecking enhanced turbulence in active sky will fix the stuttery turning/banking issue.