Aspen circle to land 33

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
jtbarton

Aspen circle to land 33

Post by jtbarton »

As the aspen event approches, here is a video of the challenging [and rare] circle to land 33 procedure in aspen. Enjoy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JwN4QqOTZ0
HRutila

Re: Aspen circle to land 33

Post by HRutila »

I once witnessed a Dash 8 circle to land on RWY 33 from the west side of the airport. It was absolutely nuts, and as far as I'm aware, is no longer allowed.
Harold Rutila
COMM-MEL/CFII
Ycliff

Post by Ycliff »

HRdutila wrote:I once witnessed a Dash 8 circle to land on RWY 33 from the west side of the airport. It absolutely nuts, and as far as I'm aware, is no longer allowed.
Ha ha that's pretty crazy. Must look strange to the people below. They probably think the pilot is drunk or something.
Last edited by Ycliff on Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:17 am, edited 2 times in total.
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

Ycliff wrote:Ha ha that's pretty crazy. Must look strange to the people below. They probably think the pilot is drunk or something.
Whatever you do, don't mention drunk pilots on here :roll:
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
Steven Maddox

Post by Steven Maddox »

HRutila wrote:I once witnessed a Dash 8 circle to land on RWY 33 from the west side of the airport. It was absolutely nuts, and as far as I'm aware, is no longer allowed.
The old Mesaba BAe-146's used to pop their tail-speedbrake and circle to 33. It was quite a sight. Couldn't find a video of it, but I did find this one of a straight in to 15.
Steven Maddox
FAA ATP ERJ-170/190, CFII
Scott Medeiros

Post by Scott Medeiros »

ThomasSenters wrote:
Steven Maddox wrote:
HRutila wrote:I once witnessed a Dash 8 circle to land on RWY 33 from the west side of the airport. It was absolutely nuts, and as far as I'm aware, is no longer allowed.
The old Mesaba BAe-146's used to pop their tail-speedbrake and circle to 33. It was quite a sight. Couldn't find a video of it, but I did find this one of a straight in to 15.
That was a smooth landing. By the way, does anyone know which airline was it?
Mesaba