Looking for a little help

Zimmerbz

Looking for a little help

Post by Zimmerbz »

Hi guys. I just started my trial and was looking to do my first P3D flight with Pilotedge from KSLC-KDEN. I got everything up and running and filed my flight plan, plugged in my headset/mic and got my plane loaded up. I tuned to SLC clearance at 127.3 and started hearing ATC. I pushed scroll lock for a radio check but nobody was able to hear me. I went into the sound file and tried switching the mappings but wasn't able to have atc hear me even though I could hear them. Could I have missed a step or could my mic not work correctly? It is a Logitech H390 USB. Thanks. Hoping to get this figured out so I can start flying with you all!

Brad
jiva602

Re: Looking for a little help

Post by jiva602 »

May I suggest going over to the Discord PE channel and posting in the Support area. Lots of traffic there so you should get a quick response from the experts :)

https://discord.gg/ZW4DJMp
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
Zimmerbz

Post by Zimmerbz »

I'm not too familiar with that app. What is it?
jiva602

Post by jiva602 »

Zimmerbz wrote:I'm not too familiar with that app. What is it?
Discord is a very popular, easy-to-use, free voice and text chat app that allows virtual communities to connect, share and learn.

You don't have to download anything if you'd rather not, just follow the link, set up your account, and join in the conversations. :)

It is very popular with many of the extremely knowledgeable (read: obsessed :lol: ) people here in the PE community and often allows for a more fluid conversation among members than a traditional forum.
Cessna Skylane N108ES
Socata TBM 850 N852XM
CAT 11
Peter Grey

Post by Peter Grey »

The most likely cause of this issue is running FSX/P3D in administrator mode. If you do this you must run the PE client in administrator mode as well. Give that a try and see if it helps fix the issue.
Peter Grey
PilotEdge Director of Quality Assurance and Operations
peter@pilotedge.net