Thompson Falls to Bonners Ferry

Pictures or videos taken while flying on PilotEdge
BFG

Thompson Falls to Bonners Ferry

Post by BFG »

Highlighting some of our new and expansive Western US territory. Not much PE action here - CTAF only - and while I monitored SEA Center those calls didn't make the editorial process. Still, it shows some of the great new scenery over which we can fly with ATC.

If you would like the custom scenery for these strips and fly X-Plane, they are freeware and you may get them at the .org or under the Custom Scenery tab at http://www.ontheglideslope.net. Thanks for watching.

* EDIT: I typed "expensive" in the original post. I meant "expansive!"
Last edited by BFG on Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rtataryn

Re: Thompson Falls to Bonners Ferry

Post by rtataryn »

Hi BFG, thanks for building these airports. They look great. I fly into Bonners a couple times a year, so it's great having this one in my sim scenery. I love your sim and your videos. Just a quick comment: At about 9 min in the vid, you mention the Sandpoint METAR ceiling is at 3100 and the airport elevation is 2000, so you're concerned about having to fly below 1000 ft agl to stay VFR. METARs always report ceilings in AGL, meaning the ceiling at KSZT would have been 5200 MSL. With your cruise altitude of 4500 MSL, you'd have no issues there.
Rod
PPL, Instrument, ASEL, ASES
2013 Cirrus SR22T N877MS
2018 Icon A5 N509BA
1946 Piper J3 Cub N7121H
1942 Stearman N2S N6848
Althar93

Post by Althar93 »

Thanks for sharing!

Also, quite the cockpit you've got there, very nice.
BFG

Post by BFG »

rtataryn wrote:Hi BFG, thanks for building these airports. They look great. I fly into Bonners a couple times a year, so it's great having this one in my sim scenery. I love your sim and your videos. Just a quick comment: At about 9 min in the vid, you mention the Sandpoint METAR ceiling is at 3100 and the airport elevation is 2000, so you're concerned about having to fly below 1000 ft agl to stay VFR. METARs always report ceilings in AGL, meaning the ceiling at KSZT would have been 5200 MSL. With your cruise altitude of 4500 MSL, you'd have no issues there.
Of course they do. As a PPL student I should know that. It's been tough to get into the airplane in the past two months and I can see the rust is beginning to show. Thanks for the kind words, too. I hope you like the scenery. I have fun designing them.