Alphabet Challenge: WUS Edition

36 leg Achievement
kullery

Re: Alphabet Challenge: WUS Edition

Post by kullery »

Torbinator wrote:
I tested and confirmed every airport on the list shows up in the MyFlightRoute.com airport selection option under the CRAFT option. Is that connected with PEaware?
No. There is no direct data interchange between MyFlightRoute and PEaware. If airports are not in the PEAware database, PEaware will not be able to log a flight to/from that airport.

0ID2, W43, KTIF, X43 are missing. Already notified Tim.

Will try to get a page set up for this over the weekend.
Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
Torbinator

Post by Torbinator »

Gotcha. Yea if those airports can be added as opposed to changing the route, that would be great since the likelihood of finding close alternates for all those may prove difficult.

If there's anything I can do to help, please let me know.
kullery

Post by kullery »

Tim added the missing airports into PEaware and the tracking pages are ready to go. Enjoy the Alphabet Challenge- WUS Edition
Torbinator

Post by Torbinator »

I noticed the "hover over" feature to show who completed each leg still shows the names from the ZLA edition?

Totally psyched to get into this, thanks for making it work!
kullery

Post by kullery »

Torbinator wrote:I noticed the "hover over" feature to show who completed each leg still shows the names from the ZLA edition?

Totally psyched to get into this, thanks for making it work!
Good catch. Should be fixed now. That's what I get for coding and testing on an iPad. It does not have a "hover over" capability so I missed this :)
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Doing this Challenge is great. Firstly, the varied scenery and climate make a change from SoCal. Also, some of the scenery is spectacular. It also reinforces the fact that so much of the USA is relatively uninhabited! The other fact that I am now appreciating is just how large the WUS Expansion is. The area covered is masssive, and the fact that most airports are not staffed is not too distressing!

Thanks to you all for setting this up.
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Phew! Completed. Thanks again to those who set this up. Now back to more "usual" PE flying :D
kullery

Post by kullery »

Leg 25 and leg 26 updated

KZUN (Black Rock) was closed and replaced by KXNI (Andrew Othole Memorial) located about 6 miles to the southwest of the Black Rock airport location. Use whichever airport that your sim supports. In the spirit of the challenge, both airports support the town of ZUNI and the ZUNI VOR is nearby.

Thanks to Andrew for the heads up on this.