How about...filing PE flightplans directly from Foreflight?

Thomas_Horn

How about...filing PE flightplans directly from Foreflight?

Post by Thomas_Horn »

Like many of you, am I using foreflight when flying on Pilotedge since it is such a great tool and I would have a hard time without it.
They only thing which annoys me is that I cannot send flightplans I have created in Foreflight to PilotEdge directly. Foreflight offers tha feature of filing flightplans for RW flying, so I guess it should not be that complicated to make a link to the Foreflight server as well?
I have already sent this idea to the Foreflight team...but what do you think? Maybe it has already been discussed?

regards, Thomas
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
Tim Krajcar

Re: How about...filing PE flightplans directly from Foreflig

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Yes, we'd love to have this. The work needed for this lies pretty much exclusively on the Foreflight side of things, so suggesting it to them is the right thing to do. Much like us, they are surely very busy and have a long list of feature requests to deal with as well... indications of customer demand are what move things up that list. :)
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

We've been requesting it for several years. It's just a matter of priorities. They have a huge customer base and realistically speaking, this would be used by a relatively small portion of their user base. As a result, I suspect that it's low on their list.
Thomas_Horn

Post by Thomas_Horn »

Well then...I propose that every PE customer using Foreflight sends an E-Mail to them asking for this... :)
X-Plane 11.32, Windows 10, 4.8 GHz 7700K, 16 GB RAM. 4K 55'' Screen resolution with Nvidia GTX 1070. ELITE and PFC flight controls
maxmoe

Post by maxmoe »

I know this is an old one, but still nice to have. In the meantime, can you create a filing page within your Page that lets you paste the route? As you know ForeFlight includes the departure and arrival airport.

It is cumbersome on a iOS device to remove those when pasting into the current Pilotedge flight plan page.

See attached.
Attachments
Copy to clipboard ForeFlight
Copy to clipboard ForeFlight
935A1F71-12D5-4559-813C-D2BAAE888FD8.jpeg (404.62 KiB) Viewed 1962 times