Connection Issues

zihuabill

Connection Issues

Post by zihuabill »

X-plane 11
Windows 10
64 bit

I am having random occurrences where I cannot hear or talk to the Pilotedge ATC controllers. I have no problem connecting to Pilotedge. I receive the "you are connected message" and I can see myself logged in as a current pilot and I'm able to connect to the Pilotedge receiver. But in X-plane I cannot hear the controllers and they cannot hear me. In the past I have resolved the issue by restarting X-Plane, rebooting the computer, loading a different plane, loading a different configuration of X-plane or usually a combination of all of the above. Today, it took me 2 hours of fiddling to finally get connected. Anyone out there have any suggestions? I sure would like to figure this out as it's very disappointing to plan a long flight and end up spending the afternoon dinking around tying to get connected.
On another subject. I love Pilotedge and have great appreciation for the patience and knowledge of the air traffic controllers. I have learned a lot by simply listening to recordings of the ATC communications and all the videos. I'm currently concentrating on on the Southern California area but am looking forward to utilizing the Western expansion area.

Thanks
runway1five

Re: Connection Issues

Post by runway1five »

Are you starting with the aircraft in "cold and dark" state? Try either starting the aircraft or starting with the aircraft running. Kieth notified me that the XP11 alternator changed since XP10 and requires a minimum of 2000rpm to make atc available. cheers
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

1000rpm, not 2k.

Which aircraft are you using? You never mentioned it and it's important.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Also, I moved this to the xplane forum.
N103RS

Post by N103RS »

I usually have the same issue, XP11 - Carenado Cessna Caravan. Restarting my system a few times sometimes resolves it.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Some of the Carenado aircraft have unusually-high battery drain. Between that and the generator/alternator not producing much charge, you quickly end up with a battery that doesn't have enough power to drive the radio. I would encourage you to review the battery voltage and amperage levels along with the generator output via the data input & output screen to see what's happening.