PE Group on FSE

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
WhiskeyAlpha

PE Group on FSE

Post by WhiskeyAlpha »

Are there any FSE groups that fly only in the PE coverage area? I find myself taking a lot of jobs from bakersfield (KBFL).

Cheers.
Keith Smith

Re: PE Group on FSE

Post by Keith Smith »

I know I've said this in the past, but it's been a while. Tons of people, myself included, fly in the PE area on FSE outside of the context of any groups.

Groups provide access to aircraft, but take away one of the most interesting parts of the FSE experience, which is receiving a net paycheck based on the aircraft rental price (assuming you're renting) and the money brought in from the job itself. In the group setting, this goes away and you instead make a fixed percentage of the gross profit.

The booking, fuel and aircraft rental fees are all hidden from you. In every single case where you fly in a group, you're either being overpaid or underpaid compared to what is actually happening under the covers.

So, if we can agree that is a drawback, then we're left with the benefit, which is 'access to airplanes.' I've not found it at all difficult to find specific types of aircraft for rent in a given geographic area. As a result, groups hold zero interest for me. I either rent planes, or fly one that I've bought.

I say all this not to talk you out of finding/running a group, but to suggest that if you're not flying in a group today, you're not necessarily missing out on as much as you might be thinking.
Kilstorm

Post by Kilstorm »

I have FBOs at KDEN - KEGE and rent gates at KASE. Right now the jobs are public and the route I fly is DEN-EGE-ASE-TEX-EGE-DEN. All these airports have addon scenery in P3D and all are towered except TEX which is unmanned IRL. Flying it in a Twin Otter Extended in VR with PE makes for great hops and legs usually around an hour (VFR or IFR makes a big difference on time). The group is "RMA - Rocky Mountain Airways" as someone already had the name "Rocky Mountain Airways" and on PE the callsign is "Rocky Mountain".

Years ago there was a real Rocky Mountain Airways that was based in that area doing flights to the same locations and with the Twin Otter. So all in all, this makes for a great immersive flight in the Western US Expansion area on PE.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
WhiskeyAlpha

Post by WhiskeyAlpha »

Thanks for the feedback Kevin- makes complete sense.

Cheers
WhiskeyAlpha

Post by WhiskeyAlpha »

Whoops- Keith. Sorry