PE Client Model Set for ORBX GA Aircraft [P3D]

MervA

PE Client Model Set for ORBX GA Aircraft [P3D]

Post by MervA »

======================================================
Pilotedge Client Model Set ORBX NA GA Aircraft P3Dv4
======================================================

If you have ORBX AI North American General Aviation Installed and working in your P3Dv4 sim, then you can use
this model set to help you see General Aviation AI aircraft while online to the Pilotedge Network, especially if you have deleted the
VIP + Squawkbox aircraft that was installed by the PE Client installer

Download Here = http://www.users.on.net/~mrva/

----------------------------
Installation
----------------------------
[1] Simply place the ftx.smd file into the ..\Pilotedge\aircraft\ directory.

[2] Then start the PE Client for your sim.

[3] Click on the [Start] button.

[4] Click on [Options] and select the Multiplayer Tab.

[5] Now select the model sets and move them to place in order shown below.

1. PilotEdge P3D/FSX Stock Models
2. ORBX FTX NA GA Airport Models

[6] Now close the Client, and your done !

Please Note :

Due to the suspected incompatibility of both the VIP and Squawkbox models for use in Prepar3Dv4. I highly
recommend deleting the vip.sms and sbx.sms files from ..\Pilotedge\aircraft\ directory and to stop the simulator
loading the aircraft go into your \Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\ directory and delete or remove both the vip and squawkbox
directories.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aircraft Available in the ORBX NA General Aviation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Piper Warrior 2, Piper Navajo, Piper Arrow 2+3+4, Lockheed Orion
Learjet 25+31+35+45+60
Gulfstream G550 + G-IV + G-IIB, Douglas DC3, Dornier D228, Canadair Challenger
Cessna Citation 2 : Cessna - C421, C414, C402, C208, C182, C177, C172, C152
BAe HS-125-800, Bombardier BD700, BD700 Express, Beechjet 400A
Beechcraft F90, B200, A100, Duchess, Baron 58 + 55, Bonanza 36
Last edited by MervA on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
kadams587

Re: PE Client Model Set for ORBX GA Aircraft [P3D]

Post by kadams587 »

Any tips on getting the NA GA pack installed into p3dv4? I used the migration tool to force ftx central to install the pack into V4, and I see the FTX NA GA aircraft in the simobjects folder. I have put your ftx.smd file into the PE aircrafts folder as instructed, but the rule does not show up in the PE client.
MervA

Post by MervA »

kadams587 wrote:but the rule does not show up in the PE client.
Your PE Client aircraft folder should have ftx.smd and at least pe.smd

Pilot edge client Model Set Listing Section.

So you say unlike mine shown above you are unable to see the ORBX FTX NA GA Aircraft Models ?

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
kadams587

Post by kadams587 »

I figured it out, I recently had to do a fresh windows install and I reinstalled the PE client as well. I actually had two instances on two different drives installed and I put the ftx.smd file into the wrong PE install. Haha, whoops! :lol:

Thanks for your help anyway

I am curious if it would be possible to write certain rules for when flying with friends one PE. Let's say you're both flying in an A2A Comanche or 182, and you want PE to show an actual A2A 182 or Comanche. Kind of like how FScloud does it with just another instance of the aircraft.
MervA

Post by MervA »

kadams587 wrote:I am curious if it would be possible to write certain rules for when flying with friends one PE. Let's say you're both flying in an A2A Comanche or 182, and you want PE to show an actual A2A 182 or Comanche.
Possible Yes, but not advisable, due to the high frame rate hit that you would most likely get using aircraft like A2A or similar.

Merv
[N232Z][N544JH]
kadams587

Post by kadams587 »

I've peeked at your ftx.smd in notepad++, would you mind sharing how you know/find the aircraft names for the .smd? I'd like to play around with it a little bit, at my own risk of course ;)

Thanks,
Kyle
ChuckOman

Post by ChuckOman »

Hi Merv -

Tried this mod, but when it didn't seem to work I realized I didn't have the Orbx FTX NA GA Aircraft folders installed in my P3D4\simobjects\aircraft (FTX Central3 only offers it for P3D3). I do have FTN NA GA aircraft installed in my P3D3 however. Is it just a matter of copying over all the FTX NA folders in simobjects\aircraft from P3D3 to P3D4, and making sure ftx.sms appears correctly in options\multiplaer ?

Chuck O
MervA

Post by MervA »

ChuckOman wrote:Hi Merv -

Tried this mod, but when it didn't seem to work I realized I didn't have the Orbx FTX NA GA Aircraft folders installed in my P3D4\simobjects\aircraft (FTX Central3 only offers it for P3D3). I do have FTN NA GA aircraft installed in my P3D3 however. Is it just a matter of copying over all the FTX NA folders in simobjects\aircraft from P3D3 to P3D4, and making sure ftx.sms appears correctly in options\multiplaer ?

Chuck O

Morning Chuck,

Yes you can copy the complete FTX NA GA Aircraft folder over to Prepard3Dv4 by placing it in the Objects/Aircraft folder, but that is not the prefered way of doing things in v4, and I would steer clear of doing it that way, simply for the ability to disable your addons more quickly using the addon section in the flight sim menu, if you should so desire.

I will state how i did mine so if you want you can do similar.

I have a SSD drive solely for Flight Simulator bits and peices, so I placed the FTX Aircarft in that drive named the folder [ORBX_Aircraft], then created a [ add-on.xml ] file in a folder named [ ORBX_NA_Aircraft ] in the ..\Users\Merv\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\.

The xml file look like this :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<SimBase.Document id="add-on" version="4,0" Type="AddOnXml">
<Addon.Name>ORBX FTX NA Aircraft</Addon.Name>
<Addon.Description>AI Traffic Aircraft</Addon.Description>
<Addon.Component>
<Category>SimObjects</Category>
<Path>D:\ORBX_Aircraft</Path>
</Addon.Component>
</SimBase.Document>

Now when you next start P3D it should ask you to verify the new Add On, and your good to Go !!

Please note that if you are using the ORBX BE58 in the ftx.smd file, you will need to remove or disable the BE58 in the pe.smd file. to check out if you are seeing the correct aircraft go over to El Toro Airport California where there's a nimber of BE58 drones taking off and landing.

Good luck.

Cya !!

Merv
ChuckOman

Post by ChuckOman »

Thanks Merv -

Moved the Orbx NA AI to a separate folder and created the add-on.xml. P3D4 registered it OK in my addon list.
But when I set up at KNZJ and logged in to PE to look for BE58 drones shown on the PE web map, I wasn't seeing them or other GA aircraft. Must have missed something basic.

- My PE Client Multiplayer model set order is:
PilotEdge P3D Stock Models
ORBX FTX NA GA Aircraft Models
Ultimate Traffic Live Models
VIP3 Model Set

- utl_client.exe launched with the sim, and works ok. However this PE test, I set UTL commercial and GA densities both 0. (Assumed I don't need to kill the utl_client.exe when running the PE client).

- P3D4 Options>Traffic> Airline and GA traffic density sliders both set to zero. (Assume this is correct ? UTLive manual doesn't say, but UTLive works with them set to zero. Assume if nonzero it turns P3D4 built in AI on ?)

- PIlotEdge\Aircraft folder has ftx.smd, pe.smd, pe.smx, utl.smd, and vip.sms files.

- The pe.smd file has no BE58 or FTX aircraft listed:
PED
PilotEdge P3D Stock Models
For use with P3D only
http://pilotedge.net

; Standard P3D aircraft
;
Alabeo+Extra+300s+Red E300
Beech+King+Air+350+Paint1 B350
Bombardier+CRJ+700+Paint1 CRJ7
Carenado+A36+Bonanza+Stripes BE36
Commercial+Airliner+Paint2 B738
DeHavilland+Beaver+DHC2+Paint1 DHC2
de+Havilland+Dash+8-100 DH8A
;F-35A+Lightning+II F35
Grumman+Goose+G21A+paint2 G21
T-6+SP2+#3 TEX2
Lockheed+C69A CONI
Learjet+45 LJ45
Maule+M7+260C+paint1 M7
Mooney+Bravo M20T
Piper+Cherokee+180 P28A
Piper+Cub J3

- The ftx.smd file has the FTX BE58:
FTX
ORBX FTX NA GA Aircraft Models
For use with P3D only
http://pilotedge.net
;
; P3D aircraft
;
FTX+Piper+Warrior+II+N63PL P28A
FTX+Piper+Navajo+N21AB PA31
FTX+Piper+Arrow+IV+N160LL P28T
FTX_Beechcraft_King_Air_F90_N16WG BE9T
FTX_Beechcraft_King_Air_B200_N45CF BE20
FTX_Beechcraft_King_Air_A100_C-FODC BE10
FTX_Beechcraft_BE76_Duchess_N17AT BE76
FTX_Beechcraft_Baron_58_N58BN BE58
FTX_Beechcraft_Baron_55_N53BB BE55
FTX_Beechcraft_Bonanza_36_N515EK BE36

Sure would like to get GA traffic working. Anything obvious that I've done wrong ?

Regards

Chuck O
MervA

Post by MervA »

If you do not see anything at El Toro then I advise you go back to basics and do a fault finding check, before worrying about ORBX GA aircraft, simply check for stock P3Dv4 model being resolved in the sim.

First port of call would be to remove all smd files except the pe.smd, then go back to El Toro and check if you can see any planes taking off or landing or flying around in the vicinity.

As with mine this setup with no BE58 listed in the pe.smd should give you King Air 350 fly around.

Merv