Western US now has 26 towered fields and counting!

Keith Smith

Western US now has 26 towered fields and counting!

Post by Keith Smith »

We're pleased to announce the addition of 3 new Colorado airports to the Western US coverage area:

1) KAPA - Centennial Airport (Class D located underneath the Denver Class Bravo)
2) KCOS - Colorado Springs (Class C located south of Denver)
3) KGJT - Grand Junction Regional AIrport (Class D located at its present location)

Last month it was Arizona. This month it was Colorado. Next step...Oregon!
controlsace

Re: Western US now has 26 towered fields and counting!

Post by controlsace »

Looking forward to Oregon on PE... I'm learning IFR out of KEUG, which is class D but has Cascade Approach.
This scenario is similar to KPSP where there is a TRSA. Interestingly, Cascade approach also serves Medford Oregon (via remote radar) the TRACON is actually at KEUG. Although Oregon only has a handful of towered airports, there are some interesting IAPs (due to the terrain). PDX will be good to have on PE for the more complex action. Keep up the good work!
Dean33

Post by Dean33 »

Spent a couple of hours yesterday flying VFR between KDEN,KAPA and KCOS. Great new locations and great ATC service (virtually 1 to 1). It’s a shame there is so little other traffic around.
Dean33

UK P3DV4 Simmer
Pilotedge - I11, CAT11, A-Z (ZLA), A-Z (WUS)

Gigabyte P57v7 CF2 17.3" laptop. Kaby Lake i7 7700HQ CPU (average 3.4mhz). GTX 1070 8mb, 16 GB of DDR4-2400 RAM, SSD Samsung 970 Evo 500GB M.2 NVMe, 1TB HDD 7200.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

controlsace wrote:PDX will be good to have on PE for the more complex action
In case there's any doubt, PDX is already supported as a towered airport in WUS. I have a feeling you're aware of that already, but the way your post reads, someone new might read it and assume that there are no Oregon airports that are covered yet.
172MC

Post by 172MC »

Excellent! Would someone with scenery-building skills for X-Plane apply them to KAPA now please. Thank you in advance, whoever you are!
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

172MC wrote:Excellent! Would someone with scenery-building skills for X-Plane apply them to KAPA now please. Thank you in advance, whoever you are!
I'll do my best. I'll try to keep in using default objects and get something up on the gateway within a couple weeks.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

172MC wrote:Excellent! Would someone with scenery-building skills for X-Plane apply them to KAPA now please. Thank you in advance, whoever you are!
KAPA has stock 3d scenery already. What are you looking for, exactly?
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! I have been flying Colorado Springs until I get better coming out if Denver.
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
punder

Post by punder »

I haven't flown on PE (or in real life) for a few years, but now I'm back for some radio and nav practice. I remember PE mike-fright as even worse than in reality, so I know it's good training!

Anyways, I really just wanted to say THANK YOU for the Western Expansion, including my home airport of Centennial (KAPA) and KCOS in my home town of Colorado Springs. Once I learn XP 11, I'll be looking forward to see how the new, grayer me handles "hesitant thumb syndrome." :)

Patrick
RogerW

Post by RogerW »

hesitant thumb syndrome.. I like that! :D
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fl (X59)
PE Rating: CAT-11, I-2
Real World hrs 7, Virtual hrs thousands
FSX
Aircraft: A2A Cessna 182 Skylane
Tail Number: N7365W
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitoWL ... bagrJnQyrw