Losing ability to transmit after going into XP11 settings

Mortified666

Re: Losing ability to transmit after going into XP11 setting

Post by Mortified666 »

Keith Smith wrote:
Mortified666 wrote:I am in the same boat atm. Had a couple of attempts at my Cat 9 and each time I can't even get of the ground due to radio's locking up or something.

I am using the Airfoil Labs C172, With the live map open, I can see my frequecies changing initially to Clearance. For about 5 mins, I can freely change freq and see it update in the Map. Then it will get hooked up and go to 199.98 and no matter what I do in the plane. The Map won't show any changes or updates. Only way to get them working again is a complete restart of X-Plane 11. I have tried repairing x-plane, reinstalling all my plugins, reinstalling the C172. No luck. It is becoming quiet frustrating cause I am recording my CAT ratings and now am stuck.
The problem you're describing is almost 100% certainly related to bus voltage. The reason that restarting xplane works is because you're starting with a fresh battery after you load the sim. Plugin installation, repairing xplane or reinstalling the 172 are not going to have any effect. Go to your data input and output screen and start monitoring your battery voltage and alternator stats. Try to find out what's going on there.
Thanks Keith. Will give that a crack and see if I can't locate the drama.
Mortified666

Re: Losing ability to transmit after going into XP11 setting

Post by Mortified666 »

Mortified666 wrote:
Keith Smith wrote:
Mortified666 wrote:I am in the same boat atm. Had a couple of attempts at my Cat 9 and each time I can't even get of the ground due to radio's locking up or something.

I am using the Airfoil Labs C172, With the live map open, I can see my frequecies changing initially to Clearance. For about 5 mins, I can freely change freq and see it update in the Map. Then it will get hooked up and go to 199.98 and no matter what I do in the plane. The Map won't show any changes or updates. Only way to get them working again is a complete restart of X-Plane 11. I have tried repairing x-plane, reinstalling all my plugins, reinstalling the C172. No luck. It is becoming quiet frustrating cause I am recording my CAT ratings and now am stuck.
The problem you're describing is almost 100% certainly related to bus voltage. The reason that restarting xplane works is because you're starting with a fresh battery after you load the sim. Plugin installation, repairing xplane or reinstalling the 172 are not going to have any effect. Go to your data input and output screen and start monitoring your battery voltage and alternator stats. Try to find out what's going on there.
Thanks Keith. Will give that a crack and see if I can't locate the drama.
Issue seems to be resolved. Thanks for your help