Choose a free gate/ stand and runway(s) in use

joomie

Choose a free gate/ stand and runway(s) in use

Post by joomie »

Hi!

I'm quite new to PE and would like question myself:
How do I best avoid that I collide with another users's aircraft (being already connected to PE)
when I choose a parking location at the airport I'm about to load?

BTW:
When having no wind. What is a clever way to identify which runway(s) is/ are in use?
I read here in the forum, that dialing the ATIS respectively the info I receive via the ATIS has not really to do with PE.
So how does one check the runways for the departure route planning upfront?

Many thanks,
joomie
X-Plane 11.00pb3, Win 10 (64bit), ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, Inno3D iChill GTX 1080 X3 (no OC), 32GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS Strix SOAR sound card, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV 3840x2160, TrackIR5.4.2
Scott Medeiros

Re: Choose a free gate/ stand and runway(s) in use

Post by Scott Medeiros »

Welcome!

You can reference http://www.myflightroute.com/atisplay.php? for current airport weather and EXPECTED runways in use, controllers will have the final decision as to airport configurations.

As to connecting, always connect on a ramp, gate, or some other non-movement area. You'll just have to roll the dice and hope you don't pick a gate already occupied. I've never spawned on top of another plane...not yet at least.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

It’s really no big deal if you connect on top of someone. It happens- so if it does happens, just disconnect right away and choose a different spot then reconnect.

If you really want to go overboard, you can use the PE Map (you can access it on the homepage) and zoom in on the airport to ensure that nobody is at the spot you’re about to connect to. The map is pin-point accurate.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
joomie

Post by joomie »

That was quick, many thanks for your advices!
X-Plane 11.00pb3, Win 10 (64bit), ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, Inno3D iChill GTX 1080 X3 (no OC), 32GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS Strix SOAR sound card, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV 3840x2160, TrackIR5.4.2
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

Welcome to PE. If you use X-Plane like i do, the easiest method for relocating your AC is the X-plane map feature. Open the map then click on your plane. Then you can use the arrow to turn your plane pointing it in a direction you'd prefer and you can also drag the plane to anywhere on the map. So no need to disconnect from the server. If you use something other than xp then you may need to do what Kevin suggested.
Dave
joomie

Post by joomie »

FDXDave wrote:(...) the easiest method for relocating your AC is the X-plane map feature. (...)e
Hi, thanks for this but I'm not sure if that's always a good choice. I often experienced, that more complex aircraft (e. g. JARDesign or Flightfactor AIRBUS) do not like to get moved like that. May be an issue with the simulated air data and inertial reference systems.

Hence, I'd rather load up a clean session of X-Plane with the aircraft and parking position of choice before I connect to Pilotedge.

Cheers,
joomie
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

joomie wrote:
FDXDave wrote:(...) the easiest method for relocating your AC is the X-plane map feature. (...)e
Hi, thanks for this but I'm not sure if that's always a good choice. I often experienced, that more complex aircraft (e. g. JARDesign or Flightfactor AIRBUS) do not like to get moved like that. May be an issue with the simulated air data and inertial reference systems.

Hence, I'd rather load up a clean session of X-Plane with the aircraft and parking position of choice before I connect to Pilotedge.

Cheers,
joomie
Good point. If i were going to load up my FFB763 i would start from scratch. But pretty much any GA with a garmin I'd move around.