Photo-realitistic SoCal scenery for X-Plane/iMac ?

lon@carolon.net

Photo-realitistic SoCal scenery for X-Plane/iMac ?

Post by lon@carolon.net »

Does anyone have a recommendation for photo-realistic scenery for Southern California, for use with X-Plane 11 running on an iMac? I'm looking for something that's easy to install, right from a DVD or download. And I'm willing to pay for it, if there's a well-regarded commercial product. X-Plane's built-in scenery is OK. But I just "flew" to Camarillo Airport, and my favorite airport cafe -- The Waypoint Cafe -- is just an empty piece of tarmac in X-Plane's scenery!
Keith Smith

Re: Photo-realitistic SoCal scenery for X-Plane/iMac ?

Post by Keith Smith »

Photo real scenery isn't going to give you airport cafe. For that, you're going to need to have someone build you some 3d airports (in cases where they don't exist).

Otherwise for the enroute stuff, there should be some options for some nice photoreal scenery generated by ortho4xp. You might be able to download the pre-generated tiles yourself, otherwise, if you can find someone who has already built them, you might be able to drop ship a drive to them and have them copy the scenery to your drive and ship it back to you.
Matthias Geiss

Post by Matthias Geiss »

You can download readymade photoreal scenery for free here: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/f ... thophotos/
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

Additionally, I highly recommend GPB500's scenery for socal area (payware). There are a few other airports he has done outside of socal, but I think CMA is on the list.

You can get in touch with him on x plane org
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/p ... 20-gpb500/

Here's a few examples... KSBA (in his scenery pack you get about 10-15 airports I think)
ImageUntitled-18 by ryan b, on Flickr

SNA
ImagepantheraGTN2 by ryan b, on Flickr

PSP
Imagepsp by ryan b, on Flickr

And Yep, CMA is on the list!
Imagecma by ryan b, on Flickr
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

[Mod: Moved this to the X-Plane forum since it's 100% XP-specific]
joomie

Post by joomie »

@Ryan B:
May you post a hyperlink to the mentioned payware?
X-Plane 11.00pb3, Win 10 (64bit), ASUS Z170 PRO GAMING, Intel Core i7 6700K@4.5 GHz, Inno3D iChill GTX 1080 X3 (no OC), 32GB DDR4 RAM, ASUS Strix SOAR sound card, 1.25 TB SSD, SAMSUNG SUHD 55'' TV 3840x2160, TrackIR5.4.2
lon@carolon.net

Keith Smith wrote:Photo real scenery isn't going to give you airport cafe. For that, you're going to need to have someone build you some 3d airports (in cases where they don't exist).

Otherwise for the enroute stuff, there should be some options for some nice photoreal scenery generated by ortho4xp. You might be able to download the pre-generated tiles yourself, otherwise, if you can find someone who has already built them, you might be able to drop ship a drive to them and have them copy the scenery to your drive and ship it back to you.
No airport cafe? :o Camarillo wouldn't be Camarillo without the Waypoint Cafe. ;)
lon@carolon.net

Ryan B wrote:Additionally, I highly recommend GPB500's scenery for socal area (payware). There are a few other airports he has done outside of socal, but I think CMA is on the list. You can get in touch with him on x plane org
https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/p ... 20-gpb500/
I found GPB500 on the Forum, but I couldn't find a link to his payware site. And I sure would like to find it, because from the great screenshots you posted, it looks like his Camarillo Airport does have the Waypoint Cafe!
Ryan B

Post by Ryan B »

He doesn't have a site... you'll have to get in touch with him via private message there. He'll send you an initial email to discuss details etc.

He kinda started with a few airports and you'd pay the fee and he'd send dropbox links. His airports are excellent though and the price has gone up but so has the number of airports.
PE ID: 29
FAA ATCS
FAA PPL ASEL
lon@carolon.net

Ryan B wrote:He doesn't have a site... you'll have to get in touch with him via private message there. He'll send you an initial email to discuss details etc.

He kinda started with a few airports and you'd pay the fee and he'd send dropbox links. His airports are excellent though and the price has gone up but so has the number of airports.
Thanks. This explains why I couldn't find it.