"...Traffic 11 o'clock, 3 miles..." CSL Draw Distance

Torbinator

"...Traffic 11 o'clock, 3 miles..." CSL Draw Distance

Post by Torbinator »

Hi guys,

I run the HD CSLs. I fly with a 40 inch 4K TV monitor, allowing me to see a lot of detail at some distance.

When I get a traffic advisory, I think the biggest issue to spotting traffic is that the CSL stops drawing too soon.

Occasionally when I have spotted them, I noticed that when I zoom in, half of the fuselage and sometimes the wings are missing.

I understand its a balancing act between saving peoples frame rates vs drawing the full model further out.

Can PE adjust the CSLs to fully draw a few more miles out and see how it goes?
Kevin_atc

Re: "...Traffic 11 o'clock, 3 miles..." CSL Draw Distance

Post by Kevin_atc »

I also recently wondered this. Any input from anyone if it's possible to adjust how far out the CSLs draw in their full glory?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Re: "...Traffic 11 o'clock, 3 miles..." CSL Draw Distance

Post by Keith Smith »

There's no LODs on the CSLs that I'm aware of. I've been told by Ben S from Laminar that zooming is pretty harsh on the xplane rendering system. In terms of showing/hiding objects, it still uses the actual distance between objects to determine what should or shouldn't be drawn. As a result, I wouldn't recommend zooming for traffic spotting. You're not missing out on much, there's no zoom in the real world either :)