CSL textures

Greg Pfeil

CSL textures

Post by Greg Pfeil »

Hello guys,

Just got back to PE from a short back, I have also upgraded to XP11 from P3D, (Yes it is a huge upgrade!!). I downloaded the CSL high res texture pack from this site, installed them per the instructions. So I fire up xp, park at VBG to see some F15's take off, yet all I see is 737'S. Did I miss something? Has anyone else experienced this?
Keith Smith

Re: CSL textures

Post by Keith Smith »

There isn't an F15 CSL in the bluebell military package. Check your related.txt file (in the VSPro Resources folder) to see if there is any entry for the F15. If not, I'd add this at the end:
F4 F15 F16 F18 F14 T38
This way, when you encounter an F15, it'll try to draw it as one of those other aircraft (there is a solid CSL for the F4 and bluebell versions of the F16, and F18)

Right now, it doesn't know what jets are 'closest' to an F15, but it does know from the ICAO equipment list that an F15 is a twin engine jet, so it's simply looking for another twin engine jet and it's settling on a 737.

Make the change to related.txt and I suspect you'll be in good shape. Alternatively, there are native F18's at NTD, NLC, NJK and Whidbey. Here's some footage I took chasing the drones out of Whidbey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzVCTfm8qw4
Greg Pfeil

Re: CSL textures

Post by Greg Pfeil »

That worked excellent, thank you!