Integrated ATIS for Pilotedge

sono

Re: Integrated ATIS for Pilotedge

Post by sono »

Keith Smith wrote: The idea of PilotEdge is to reinforce real world procedures, not to introduce new ones.
Definitely.

However switching to http://www.myflightroute.com/atisplay.php to get the destination atis on an ifr arrival does cut into that..
PE CAT-11, I-11, SKY-8
EASA and FAA (61.75) Private ASEL AMEL Instrument
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

sono, I understand what you're trying to say, but nobody would confuse checking a web site while flying on the network with a r/w procedure. However, introducing fake radio frequencies for people to use can lead to negative training.
sono

Post by sono »

Keith Smith wrote:Not at the moment. I'll advise when I'm able to work on it. There is one significant technical challenge to overcome.
Are you able to share a bit more - Is this a challenge with xplane 11 or a pilot edge plugin software challenge ?
Can we help to lobby for a change to xplane 11 api here ?

do you need a kickstarter to fund it ?

Yours hopefully waiting for this feature.
PE CAT-11, I-11, SKY-8
EASA and FAA (61.75) Private ASEL AMEL Instrument
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

I still tune into ATIS on my sim but use myflightroute on my ipad, i just look at the text because the player sometimes starts in the middle, then have to click play again. But it is a great way to see active runways and weather. Not sure where I found that link, I think it was a post in flightsim forum. If it is not on the PE site be nice to see it there, its a cool site for sure
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
RogerW

Post by RogerW »

Hey Dean. I forget where I saw the website. It was on the forum somewhere if I remember right.
I have found that the recording will sometimes stop right in the middle of the recording and I will have to start it again. :evil:
But it is a nice site to have up.
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fl (X59)
PE Rating: CAT-11, I-2
Real World hrs 7, Virtual hrs thousands
FSX
Aircraft: A2A Cessna 182 Skylane
Tail Number: N7365W
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitoWL ... bagrJnQyrw
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

RogerW wrote:I have found that the recording will sometimes stop right in the middle of the recording and I will have to start it again. :evil:
deansalman wrote: i just look at the text because the player sometimes starts in the middle, then have to click play again. But it is a great way to see active runways and weather. Not sure where I found that link, I think it was a post in flightsim forum. If it is not on the PE site be nice to see it there, its a cool site for sure
This mimics a real ATIS. It’s just a recording on a frequency, so there would be no way for it to know when someone starts listening...
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
deansalman

Post by deansalman »

It seems like the IPAD always starts from the beginning
Dean Salman
N117SB Diamond Twin Star
PaulT

Post by PaulT »

Any updates on this topic on the development side. its been awhile since there were any posts.
Sure would be a great feature. It's frustrating not be be able to hear the xplane ATIS. I have to be creative....remove my headset.... listen to myrouteflight atis on another device then put the headset back on.
thanks in advance
Paul
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

PaulT wrote:Any updates on this topic on the development side. its been awhile since there were any posts.
Sure would be a great feature. It's frustrating not be be able to hear the xplane ATIS. I have to be creative....remove my headset.... listen to myrouteflight atis on another device then put the headset back on.
thanks in advance
Paul
I listen to Xplanes ATIS for true sim weather but use myrouteflight for active runways and info. You don't have to listen to myrouteflight's ATIS, just click next to it and it will bring up a written copy of the recording . No need to remove headset.

At some point we'll have ATIS within the actual server. Just not an easy task from what I've read.

Dave
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

The ability to silence the X-Plane in-game ATIS was added to X-Plane 11.30b6 at our request. All the pieces of the puzzle are basically sorted, we just need to polish off a couple more things...