PE Client Model Set for Ultimate Traffic Live [P3D]

MervA

PE Client Model Set for Ultimate Traffic Live [P3D]

Post by MervA »

===================================================
Pilotedge Client Model Set For Ultimate Traffic Live - P3Dv4
===================================================

If you have Ultimate Traffic Live installed and working in P3Dv4, then you can use this model set to add
extra AI aircraft to your pilotedge online session.

It is advisable that while flying online at pilotedge, you make sure that your traffic density is set to zero in
the UTLive configuration tool, otherwise you will see AI Traffic from Ultimate Traffic and also other Pilotedge
users and drones at the same time, causing confusion.

Download = http://www.users.on.net/~mrva/

----------------------------
Installation
----------------------------
[1] Place the utl.smd file into the ..\Pilotedge\aircraft\ directory.

[2] Place the airlines.txt file into the ..\Pilotedge\ directory, overwrite existing file

[2] Then start the PE Client for your sim.

[3] Click on the [Start] button.

[4] Click on [Options] and select the Multiplayer Tab.

[5] Now select the model sets and move them to place in order shown below.

1. PilotEdge P3D/FSX Stock Models
2. ORBX FTX NA GA Airport Models <<<---- [ if you have ORBX GA aircraft place at No 2 ]
3. Ultimate Traffic Live Models

[6] Now close the Client, and your done !

Please Note :

Due to the suspected incompatibility of both the VIP and Squawkbox models for use in Prepar3Dv4. I highly
recommend deleting the vip.sms and sbx.sms files from ..\Pilotedge\aircraft\ directory and to stop the simulator
loading the aircraft go into your \Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\ directory and delete or remove both the vip and squawkbox
directories

-------------------------------------------------------
EXTRA : Southwest Liveries Variants
-----------------------------------------------------
I have not tested this to see if it is working

This will only work if the other user has the variant setup properly
in their simulator and that you have set that variant in the PE Client.

If any of the Southwest variants for the model type has been
setup in the other online pilots PE Clients, then you should be
able to see that aircraft as the correct variant.
I say " should " because I have not tested it to see if it is working.

Utilimate Traffic Live
Southwest Livery Variants
=========================
B737-300 No Winglets [733]

Arizona
California
Lone Star
Shamu
Silver One
Tan
Triple Crown

B737-300 Winglets [73L]

Blue Heroes
Tan

B737-700 Winglets [73W]

New Mexico One
Old Colors (Original Colors)

Last edited by MervA on Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:12 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
ChuckOman

Re: PE Client Model Set for Ultimate Traffic Live [P3D]

Post by ChuckOman »

Hi Merv -

Over they last couple of years I've always installed your really great patches for the PE Socal Airports.

Recently installed UT Live v1.1.0.0 in my 3 sims - the UTL AI is working fine.
Since I fly P3D4 on PE, I installed your P3D PE Client model set for UTL per your instructions.
PE client connection works fine - I see myself on the PE web site live map.
But in the P3D sim, with UTL AI traffic set to zero, I only see PE multiplayer traffic if it is in the air.
Don't see PE multiplayer traffic on the ramp or taxiways.
Multiplayer traffic in the air is there, though with additional "ultimate traffic live" label.
I'm wondering if UTL is somehow blocking the injected PE multiplayer traffic injected when the traffic is on the ground.
Does you P3D/UTL/PE Client do that ? Heard any similar reports ?
If you don't have this issue, any thoughts on what I might try to investigate further ?

BTW when I run VATSIM vPilot, both AI and multiplayer traffic is shown, though without any label when on the ground.

Many thanks

Chuck O
MervA

Post by MervA »

G'day Chuck,

First up before I go any further, replace the vip.sms file back into the pilotedge directory, leaving the sbx.sms file out, this is covered in the thread
" Possible fix for vip model sets for PE Client " - viewtopic.php?f=45&t=7493

Make sure the vip directory is still in ..\SimObjects\Airplanes

[1] UTlive client is not required for PE online multiplayer, you can disable it in the P3Dv4.x Addons section if you wish
If not, then for online flying it's best to have Airline Density and Gen Av Density set to zero as utl will inject traffic into
your session with the mutiplayer aircraft and can cause confusion.
I personally have utl client switched off so as not to load my P3Dv4.2 sim session any more than nessasary while online, as I fly over 90% online anyway.

[2] I noticed that you have UT Live v1.1.0.0 installed. I have the older version v1.0.0.30 installed, did you ever have the old version installed and did you have similar issues with that one.

[3] I have no problems with aircraft on the ground other than the standard issues with the non Prepar3D aircraft either floating in the air or submerged in the ground.
occasionally I see a large vertical stabiliser poking up through the taxiway, that's a sure sign that there is a submarine version type aircraft in my vacinity, if it's a GA aircraft
I will not see it at all.

[4] Not too sure what you mean by " it disappears when the traffic lands " does it go below the ground upon landing, if so common problem as above.

Anyway for now try replacing the vip model set including the models.

Cya !

Merv
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro | i7 9700K 4.9 Ghz | BeQuiet Fan Cooler |32GB Corsair DDR4 3200 | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Nvidea GTX 2080 Ti 11GB | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB x 2 | 2 x Acer XB280HK 28" 4K/2K G-Sync Monitor
ChuckOman

Post by ChuckOman »

Thanks Merv -
[2] I noticed that you have UT Live v1.1.0.0 installed. I have the older version v1.0.0.30 installed, did you ever have the old version installed and did you have similar issues with that one.
I'm a UTL newbie, so never ran earlier versions.
Disabling UTL using the P3D add-ons menu seems to work. I use SIMstarterNG so I can create an alternate "no UTL" add-on.xml config set. Also discovered that simply killing utl_client.exe using WinPE works. (And BTW you can later restart it).
My P3D3 also has Orbx's FTX NA GA AI and VIP3 models installed.
But for P3D4, the only AI models in my P3D4 simobjects are the UTLive aircraft.
If I copy the VIP3 folder over to P3D4, will the PE client see it via the vip.sms file ?
(I tried to make vPilot see VIP3 in P3D4, but VMRGenerator says there are no texture liveries in the VIP folder)

So after making your mods, my PE Client Model Set Order Preference reads:
PilotEdge P3D Stock Models
Orbx FTX NA GA Aircraft Models
Ultimate Traffic live Models
VIP3 Model set

Does it matter that the Orbx GA sets and the VIP3 model textures are missing in my P3D4 ?
I wonder should I tailor the PE Client model order preference separately for P3D3 vs P3D4 ?

Having the UTLive AI working with the PE Client looks great at large airports.
Too bad the smaller GA aircraft aren't in it.
I see there is a vPIlot_AI_pack for P3D4 now with vmr model matching files for vPilot
But I'm not sure how to make the .smd file that the PE client needs to use it.
Any solution for small GA AI that you've found ?
[3] I have no problems with aircraft on the ground other than the standard issues with the non Prepar3D aircraft either floating in the air or submerged in the ground.
occasionally I see a large vertical stabiliser poking up through the taxiway, that's a sure sign that there is a submarine version type aircraft in my vacinity, if it's a GA aircraft
I will not see it at all.
[4] Not too sure what you mean by " it disappears when the traffic lands " does it go below the ground upon landing, if so common problem as above.
When utl_client.exe is running, the AI labels disappear whenever the AI is on the ground.
The PE Client AI inserts floating and landshark aircraft, since users have different terrain models. I know Keith has fixed this for X-Plane, and VATSIM vPilot has code that puts all airplanes within 50 feet on the ground. When Keith rolls out the next PE client, hopefully this will go away. For now we'll have to live with it.

Many thanks

Chuck O
MervA

Post by MervA »

Chuck,

After reading you post a few times I believe you may have Prepar3D version 3 and also version 4 installed on your system. If this is the case my advice to you would be to
remove the older version3 as this may cause confusion with some 3rd party addons, in the past I had both installed at the same time which caused me problems when trying
to install some addons and getting them to work properly.

I personally would do a complete removal of both and do a clean install of just P3Dv4.x that's my thought.

vip models are placed low down on the list because they are the last ones you will ever want to see in your sim, you'll know what I mean when you see them at night. :o

Cya !!

Merv
ChuckOman

Post by ChuckOman »

Good advice. Think I've got P3D4 ai working OK now (discovered I had a duplicate simobjects.cfg Entry.0 that was messing things up). Not quite ready to dump P3D3 yet - I have some favorite P3D3 aircraft and scenery. And independent of P3D3, there are some wrinkles with new P3D4 addon aircraft. Also some Orbx scenery details still being fixed (your specialty, I know). [e.g. I think NRM KGPI runways/aprons are slightly mislocated; KVCV ILS R19 g/s antenna sited too far down the runway - maybe they are already on your list to check ?]

Anyway regards and many thanks !

Chuck O
MervA

Post by MervA »

G'day Chuck,

Will be posting an update to Victorville KVCV soon that will have a more correct ILS location, also changed the VASI to PAPI on runways 17 & 21 with slight configuration changes to help visually on approaches.

But in the mean time Turbulant Designs have released Glacier Park KGPI, so if you haven't already got it, pop over to their web site and check it out.

Cya !!
Merv