PE plugin not compatible with VR

surfingslow

PE plugin not compatible with VR

Post by surfingslow »

I was trying to connect to the PE network using my VR headset and ran into some problems. The menu windows do not appear in the 3D VR cockpit when you open the Connection window. I had to take off my VR headset to see the menu to type in my user ID and password, and type in my aircraft N number. SDK version 3.0.1 has some added API that supports plugins for native VR.

https://developer.x-plane.com/2018/03/v ... s-is-here/

For know, the best advice is to connect to PE before you enable VR.
Salire

Re: PE plugin not compatible with VR

Post by Salire »

Although there are many features lacking in VR, I don’t see this as a problem. I always do some flight planning before I get into VR, but of course that may not fit your desired workflow. But if you simply want to connect and don’t need to update your aircraft type, you can simply toggle the mic button five times and you will connect. No need for the menu.
Sally
PPL Asheville, NC
surfingslow

Post by surfingslow »

I forgot about that feature with the mic click. Thanks for the note. Cheers.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

There are also custom commands for connecting and disconnecting. This way, you can map a button or keyboard command to reliably connect or disconnect.

Note: I moved this thread to the xplane forum. Please post in the most specific forum that is appropriate for your post. Since this post is 100% xplane related, it belongs here, not in General.