Realistic Sounding ATC...Reviving old topic

jport1

Re: Realistic Sounding ATC...Reviving old topic

Post by jport1 »

Why can't an option be programmed in our software to allow the user to select or deselect radio effects? Also, why hasn’t the person who figured out a workaround ever let the rest of us know what it is.

Joe
RogerW

Post by RogerW »

jport1 wrote:Why can't an option be programmed in our software to allow the user to select or deselect radio effects? Also, why hasn’t the person who figured out a workaround ever let the rest of us know what it is.

Joe
Not exactly sure what it is you are asking, Joe. What do you mean by 'radio effects' ?
Roger W.
Home: Valkaria, Fl (X59)
PE Rating: CAT-11, I-2
Real World hrs 7, Virtual hrs thousands
FSX
Aircraft: A2A Cessna 182 Skylane
Tail Number: N7365W
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCitoWL ... bagrJnQyrw
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

RogerW wrote:
jport1 wrote:Why can't an option be programmed in our software to allow the user to select or deselect radio effects? Also, why hasn’t the person who figured out a workaround ever let the rest of us know what it is.

Joe
Not exactly sure what it is you are asking, Joe. What do you mean by 'radio effects' ?
He’s referring to theoretically being able to turn on/off realistic sounding radios in case some people, for whatever reason, would rather have it sound like it currently does.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
uncertifiedpilot

Post by uncertifiedpilot »

I like that idea too.
I use flight simulator to get Instrument Rated: www.uncertifiedpilot.com
Join my live streams on Twitch
Watch my previous flights on YouTube
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Again with the sound tinkering..........

This is a learning network. There are several active members for whom English is not their first language. They have not had to show English proficiency for a real life pilot's license. Even the native English speaking members, who are training, welcome clear audio, otherwise the network could be full of "Say again".......
When we fly RW, some of us have Bose A20s, some have DCs, some have noise cancelling, others don't, there are in ear variants, and the list goes on and on. They all give different sounds, and even the radios and audio panels are different in age, performance and so on. There may be local interference, range difficulties, and other difficulties.

Leave it alone, please!

If you really feel the need to distort things, do it yourself! Invest in a bit of audio software to trim the frequency range and introduce a little distortion plus noise. There is no requirement to inflict your personal preferences on the rest of us.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

flyingdrill wrote:Again with the sound tinkering..........

This is a learning network. There are several active members for whom English is not their first language. They have not had to show English proficiency for a real life pilot's license. Even the native English speaking members, who are training, welcome clear audio, otherwise the network could be full of "Say again".......
When we fly RW, some of us have Bose A20s, some have DCs, some have noise cancelling, others don't, there are in ear variants, and the list goes on and on. They all give different sounds, and even the radios and audio panels are different in age, performance and so on. There may be local interference, range difficulties, and other difficulties.

Leave it alone, please!

If you really feel the need to distort things, do it yourself! Invest in a bit of audio software to trim the frequency range and introduce a little distortion plus noise. There is no requirement to inflict your personal preferences on the rest of us.
That’s why most of the people here are proposing/advocating for a way to toggle it on and off.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

kevin meyers wrote:
flyingdrill wrote:Again with the sound tinkering..........

That’s why most of the people here are proposing/advocating for a way to toggle it on and off.
Yes, I got that, Kevin. However, I just felt that it was not a vital thing for PilotEdge's programmers or staff to be working on. I wonder just how many of the users (all the users, not just this thread's contributors) really want this - or even care...........
Anders S

Post by Anders S »

I speak for myself but I want crystal clear sound. Have been on vatsim and I don’t like their sounds. Please do not destroy the sounds.
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

Anders S wrote:I speak for myself but I want crystal clear sound. Have been on vatsim and I don’t like their sounds. Please do not destroy the sounds.
I concur. With Squawkbox, the plugin for vatsim the sound quality is so bad i have to almost silent all aircraft sounds to understand and hear what any if them say. On PE i can enjoy clear ATC and enjoy the sounds of the model.

The sound quality is a big reason i pay for this service... outside the obvious learning aspects.

Dave.
Salire

Post by Salire »

In another thread on this topic, Ty suggested use of VoiceMeeter Banana. I tried the scaled down version of it and it’s working great. I wanted to simulate the performance of a real aviation headset, so I’m feeding PE audio through one VoiceMeeter channel and EQ’ing it to be mostly midrange . It makes the radio audio sound much more realistic. Then I kill the treble on the aircraft sounds and boost the bass, and tone down internal sounds on the X plane audio panel (as you’re not going to be hearing switch clicks and whirring gyros so much with a good passive and ANR headset. After puzzling over what to do on this for quite a while, I’m pretty happy with this for now: with one exception. I have to launch XP twice, as the first time it doesn’t recognize the audio system. Wish I could solve that one, but I’m willing to re-start to get a better audio experience. Another bonus: you can adjust AC and PilotEdge balance on the fly with the VoiceMeeter mixer.
Sally
PPL Asheville, NC