Installed game ever PE all correctly still no ATC response

Tyler Dotson

Installed game ever PE all correctly still no ATC response

Post by Tyler Dotson »

Hello everyone,

I have recently got PE and installed it to X-Plane 11, I have everything installed right and even have the latest version of PE and NET4framwork. I have the radios tuned correctly my playback and audio devices are the correct ones in PE prefrences and the computer setting. I still call for a radio check in the western expansion PHX tower and approach frequencies and still get no response. OH! and one more thing my contact atc button does work for i clicked it 5 times within 4 seconds and it connected and disconnected me from atc. Anyone know what this problem could be?
Kevin_atc

Re: Installed game ever PE all correctly still no ATC respon

Post by Kevin_atc »

First off, Keith will move this to the appropriate forum: the X-plane forum as that’s where it should have been posted.

Second, are you hearing any ATC? Trying to determine if it’s just a transmit issue or not.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
rudder3

Post by rudder3 »

my wife says go to windows control panel, click on hardware and sound , then under sound see if its pointing to the wrong system, she got me going but the issues i had was that i could hear ATC and I was transmitting but they couldn't hear me. I know this because in the Garmin 750 radios i bought it shows "TX" and "RX" was transmitting and receiving. hope this helps you
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

rudder3 wrote:my wife says go to windows control panel, click on hardware and sound , then under sound see if its pointing to the wrong system, she got me going but the issues i had was that i could hear ATC and I was transmitting but they couldn't hear me. I know this because in the Garmin 750 radios i bought it shows "TX" and "RX" was transmitting and receiving. hope this helps you
Glad you got it sorted. You were likely using the wrong input device. The installation notes specify that the system uses the Default Communications Device if one is specified. Otherwise, it uses the Default Device.