X-Plane plugin v1.8.6 released

flyingdrill

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.5.0 released

Post by flyingdrill »

Keith Smith wrote:
flyingdrill wrote:Any plans for a Mac release for 1.5.0?
It was released at the same time as the PC and Linux build, all in the same distribution.
Sorry, Keith. It was not so clear. If you look at the Download PilotEdge X-Plane page, you will see that it says:

"PilotEdge.zip (351MB, v1.5.0 Windows, Jul 20, 2018) (Release Notes)"
uncertifiedpilot

Post by uncertifiedpilot »

Ah yes, that’s it! Thanks Keith :)
I use flight simulator to get Instrument Rated: www.uncertifiedpilot.com
Join my live streams on Twitch
Watch my previous flights on YouTube
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Hi Keith,
Not too happy with v1.5.0. Eugene sounds awful, and Jeneva not much better. I was "talking" to Eugene at Boise on Ground, and he was verging on the unintelligible. Nothing to do with his accent, with which I have no problem whatsoever with the older plugin. Joe has his own filtering setup, and has always sounded very realistic in the the older plugin. Now, everything sounds very "tinny" and robotic - with no trace of any bass at all, and perhaps too much distortion in transmissions from further away. Jeneva sounded like she was on her own in a huge empty hall! Just my opinion. Other customers seem happy.....
I'm on an iMac in High Sierra.

I've reverted to v1.3.1. It keeps me happy :)
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

flyingdrill wrote:Hi Keith,
Not too happy with v1.5.0. Eugene sounds awful, and Jeneva not much better. I was "talking" to Eugene at Boise on Ground, and he was verging on the unintelligible. Nothing to do with his accent, with which I have no problem whatsoever with the older plugin. Joe has his own filtering setup, and has always sounded very realistic in the the older plugin. Now, everything sounds very "tinny" and robotic - with no trace of any bass at all, and perhaps too much distortion in transmissions from further away. Jeneva sounded like she was on her own in a huge empty hall! Just my opinion. Other customers seem happy.....

That's odd, and doesn't match what is being experienced by everyone else. Janevah has had transmission issues of late, those are unrelated to the plugin (it shows up in the recordings). But, if you're happier with v1.3.1, that's good.
flyingdrill

Post by flyingdrill »

Keith Smith wrote:
flyingdrill wrote:Hi Keith,

That's odd, and doesn't match what is being experienced by everyone else. Janevah has had transmission issues of late, those are unrelated to the plugin (it shows up in the recordings). But, if you're happier with v1.3.1, that's good.
Trust me to be unique....... As I haven't flown RW for a few weeks, maybe I'm out of touch. However, I still felt it sounds like an old WWII film's Spitfires talking to each other! Even listening to ATC on the best YouTube flying sites (Premier 1, Steveo, etc.), it all sounds a bit bassier to me.

I'll give it another go in a while, but I'm happy I can always revert. I've said before that I don't regard this aspect of the product to be important to me. Each to his own. It would be good for new or customers who don't speak English as their first language (or, actually, any of us!) to have the option in the plugin to switch this in or out.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

flyingdrill wrote:
Keith Smith wrote:
flyingdrill wrote:Any plans for a Mac release for 1.5.0?
It was released at the same time as the PC and Linux build, all in the same distribution.
Sorry, Keith. It was not so clear. If you look at the Download PilotEdge X-Plane page, you will see that it says:

"PilotEdge.zip (351MB, v1.5.0 Windows, Jul 20, 2018) (Release Notes)"
That's odd, I'm pretty sure that used to list all platforms. Will fix the list.
Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.5.2 released

Post by Keith Smith »

1.5.2 (Feb 9, 2019)
- added support for muting in-game ATIS for X-Plane releases earlier than 11.30. (11.30 and beyond are already handled)
- removed flight plan filing form. Web based filing now required to do expanding feature set
- B1-B and T6 Texan II visual models (CSLs) added to default distribution
Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.5.3 released

Post by Keith Smith »

1.5.3 (Mar 1, 2019)
- COM1/2 freqs are now sent to the server when the radio(s) are turned off. This increases the accuracy of the online map when showing freqs for each aircraft
- Resolved static issues associated with COM2 radio, including cases where COM2 had since been disabled.
Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.5.3 released

Post by Keith Smith »

1.6.3 Windows 64-bit only (Jul 18, 2020):
- Distribution contains extensive new visual models, including numerous C172 liveries, new Baron liveries, custom Beech Bonanza, SF-260 and 8 Piper aircraft.
- Vulkan support for Windows (Metal expected shortly in another update)
- ability to select audio input device from Preferences window
- ability to override ICAO code when connecting
- 5-click short no longer causes crash if connection fails
- updates to related.txt and DOC8643.txt files for better model matching
- traffic on slave instances of xplane now draws smoothly again

NOTE: even though the plugin was only updated for Win64, the visual models are still useful for all platforms.
Keith Smith

Re: X-Plane plugin v1.6.3 (Win64) released

Post by Keith Smith »

1.6.3 re-released on Jul 20 at 8:10am PDT. Plugin remains unchanged, however the Bonanza CSL file was included in the zip file under a different folder name (BE36) than the SimVenture models (Beach Bo). There were also issues with two of the xsb_aircraft.txt files (C172 and BE36) regarding SimVenture livery matching.

Quick fix:
1) delete the BE36, Beach Bo, and Cessna 172 CSL folders from xplane/plugins/PilotEdge/VSPro Resources/CSL folder
2) re-download the C172.zip file and BE36.zip files and unzip them into the CSL folder