“At Signature”

Kevin_atc

Re: “At Signature”

Post by Kevin_atc »

Ryan B wrote:I just say what ramp I'm on with a direction... I don't think atc knows all the fbos...

I'll say "NW parking with atis" Or "East of Ry xx"
They actually do know where the FBOs are, so feel free to use the specific names. Although the way you have been doing it works just fine too.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Ryan B wrote:I just say what ramp I'm on with a direction... I don't think atc knows all the fbos...

I'll say "NW parking with atis" Or "East of Ry xx"
As Kevin said above, we actually went to fairly great lengths to gather that data and incorporate it on the scope with the specific goal of allowing pilots to reference their desired parking spots by name.
punder

Post by punder »

Question along the same lines. I learned to fly at (what is now) the Aspen Flying Club, which occupies part of a large building on KAPA, and generates quite a bit of GA traffic. IIRC it's usual to start with "Centennial ground, Gobosh 123YZ at Aspen with etc. etc." Would the controller recognize the location? I've attached a jpg for reference.
Attachments
Aspen Flying Club at Centennial KAPA
Aspen Flying Club at Centennial KAPA
KAPA-Aspen.JPG (147.28 KiB) Viewed 2537 times
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

That ramp doesn't really affect operations too much as everything east of taxiway Alpha is non-movement. If there was a bit of traffic, it could be beneficial to know specifically which ramp. However, we know where "Aspen Flying Club" ramp is.
punder

Post by punder »

Thanks Marcus. In real life, it is sometimes quite the madhouse. First or second busiest Class D in the US.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

I know it used to hold that designator a long time ago. I was a resident of Loveland for about 11 years. For a while, KFNL was one of the busiest non-towered airports west of the Mississippi River. It's been many years since I've lived out that way now so I'm not sure how much traffic it sees anymore.