AeroFly FS 2

Discussions surrounding the software that lets pilots connect to PilotEdge and the actual simulators
pipeorgan

Re: AeroFly FS 2

Post by pipeorgan »

Not sure what you mean by "VR is coming to other sims, really soon." I have been using VR in P3D, FSX SE, and DCS for some time now.

With regards to your question when is a great flight model coming to AeroFly FS2?. Well I am sure the flight models will improve but for me ease of use, speed to set up a flight and go, performance, stability are simply quite amazing, much better than the other sims I have used.

Have you tried VR yourself, especially with AFS2? For me AFS2 and Pilotedge would be awesome, I just can't wait to try it :)
aventura

Post by aventura »

Any update on this, or was development stopped?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Development hasn't formally started. There are other things ahead in the queue, but I suspect we will support it at some point.
CrazierChief

Post by CrazierChief »

is there any progress on This????
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

No, we're working on a revised pilot client for P3D/FSX, that is a far higher priority. As soon as we actively work on this, I'll let you know.
Perk

Post by Perk »

Just curious if there's been any further movement on an AFS2 client? I'm working on my PPL in real life again and I find most of my sim time is in AFS2 rather than P3D lately. The VR support and frame rates are so much better that it's a lot easier to practice landings and learn proper sight picture in AFS2. It would be very nice to be able to add ATC practice.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

I reviewed the most recent version of the SDK. There is no ability to obtain a transponder code or mode from the sim. There are 10+ other things that are missing from the SDK as well, but I'll save myself some time and not enter them here.

We have a line of communications with the develop of AFS2. I'll ping them to see what their level of interest is.