From would-be joiner to trial-user to...

Simicro

From would-be joiner to trial-user to...

Post by Simicro »

Hi,

I am considering to join PE. Can you please answer the following questions:

1) I do not have the budget to pay a continuous monthly subscription. Is it possible to "subscribe intermittently" (one month here... one month there...)?

2) Is "text-ATC" available if needed? (I'm french).

3) What is the percentage of US Native PE controllers? (I understand better US voices because my english teacher was from the US)

4) Is it possible for me to show here, on the forum, a flight plan and a preparation of the phraseology for a normal flight (without unexpected events) and get advice?

I can fly the A2A C172 for P3D in normal operations and execute the instructions of a controller if I can understand him.

Thanks
Last edited by Simicro on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marcus Becker

Re: Would-be joiner

Post by Marcus Becker »

1) I do not have the budget to pay a continuous monthly subscription. Is it possible to "subscribe intermittently" (one month here... one month there...)?
- Yes

2) Is "text-ATC" available if needed? (I'm french).
- No. Voice only just like a real airplane.

3) What is the percentage of US Native PE controllers? (I understand better US voices because my english teacher was from the US)
- Lots of native US controllers and some from the great north.

4) Is it possible for me to show here, on the forum, a flight plan and a preparation of the phraseology for a normal flight (without unexpected events) and get advice?
- Sure. Lots of folks here are willing to help.
Simicro

Re: Would-be joiner

Post by Simicro »

Thank you Marcus.
Simicro

Re: From would-be joiner to trial-user to...

Post by Simicro »

You had the courtesy to answer to my questions and to offer a trial so I am happy to give a feedback. If you wish, you can copy-paste or take extracts of it in a Testimonials or alike if needed.

I "only" made a radio check because before flying I need to re-work first the procedures and the associated english phraseology.

I LIKE:
- The informative website and clear communication
- The educational efforts
- The fast registration and implementation from a user perspective: it took me less than ten minutes to read the procedure until the final radio check with the ATC
- The integrated and unique software for networking, comms... and probably meteo which I did not read or check
- The easy and quick install and setting of the software
- The excellent audio quality, crystal clear. I appreciate very much being a little deaf
- The US voices (as I said my english teacher was from the US)
- The ATC for the North West (Seattle, Portland...) for bush flying

COMMENTS AND QUESTIONS
- I did not like so much the inaccurate marketing wording: "free trial period, no payment, NO CARD..." (if I recall correctly). Because later, in my account the system said something like "enter you credit card to avoid the account to be cancelled"...
- I'm on P3Dv4 so I installed the appropriate version https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/downloa ... re-p3d-fsx
- However I much prefer the FS2004 version interface (better integrated) https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/download-software-msfs
- I don't understand why on the FS2004 download page the video shows "Installing PilotEdge for P3D and FSX"? unless because "This client does support P3D/FSX, however, users are highly encouraged to swap to the more recent pilot client for P3D/FSX, available on the main download page."? A bit confusing here.
- I don't like so much the idea that for P3D the software is not self-sufficient and launch additionally the webbrowser
- Instead of going into the notification zone of the taskbar, I would prefer an option to display the program minimized in the task bar
- If sometimes I stop my monthly subscription, will I keep my account, or it will be deleted? If deleted I would have to create a new account when I want to fly PilotEdge again
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

- I did not like so much the inaccurate marketing wording: "free trial period, no payment, NO CARD..." (if I recall correctly). Because later, in my account the system said something like "enter you credit card to avoid the account to be cancelled"...
A credit card is not required for the trial. A credit card is required if you want to CONTINUE the service AFTER the trial.
I don't like so much the idea that for P3D the software is not self-sufficient and launch additionally the webbrowser
The software allows for "headless" configurations such as FAA approved training devices which don't permit convenient access to the desktop. Instead, the lightweight pilot client can be configured once and placed into the auto-start group in Windows. Then, any device can be used to access the web interface such as another PC, a tablet, phone, etc.
- If sometimes I stop my monthly subscription, will I keep my account, or it will be deleted? If deleted I would have to create a new account when I want to fly PilotEdge again
An account can be active or inactive at any given time. Inactive accounts are not deleted. You can reactivate an inactive account any time. Your flight history and ratings are all preserved.
Simicro

Post by Simicro »

Thank you.