selecting COM1 or COM2 for transmitting

Keith Smith

Re: selecting COM1 or COM2 for transmitting

Post by Keith Smith »

You can force it today using commands to select com1 or 2 for transmitting, as well as commands for enabling the reception of com1 and/or com2.
Diaster

Post by Diaster »

I am brand new to PE but I solved that problem by setting one switch on my flight controller to talk on com1 and another switch to talk on com 2 I still have to “swap” radios to hear the response. Seems to work fine. Right button I am transmitting on com 1 left button i am transmitting on com2. Test it by selecting a tower freq on com 2,ctaf on com1 flipped the to com2 and used button one... nothing, when I used button 2.. 5 by 5 with the tower. Switched back to com1 back flipped the standby freq to go from ctaf to tower and used button one got me a 5 by 5.
Ok I confused myself lol
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

We had to allow for some military aircraft which have separate PTT's for COM1 and COM2 (rather than a transmit selector and single PTT). As a result, the plugin exposes custom X-Plane commands specifically for COM1 and COM2 PTT. I didn't post them here because don't really exist in GA aircraft afaik and I didn't want to confuse people.

If you're going to fly real world at some point, I wouldn't recommend using those 'shortcut' commands (ie, PTT COM1 and PTT COM2) because they don't exist in the in GA aircraft. Instead, you need to be aware of which radio is selected for transmitting, and use a single PTT (the CONTACT ATC command).