X-Plane Voice Filter

rnorris

X-Plane Voice Filter

Post by rnorris »

Hi,

I'm using X-Plane 11 on PE, and when I listen to ATC, there is a filter for the sound that makes it sound "more like real world VHF".

How do I disable this "filter" so I hear raw, clear voice over ATC?

Thanks for any help
Kevin_atc

Re: X-Plane Voice Filter

Post by Kevin_atc »

There’s no way to disable it in XPlane. Is there a reason that you want to?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Nelajainen

Re: X-Plane Voice Filter

Post by Nelajainen »

I would love to have an option to disable distortion too.
Yes, VHF distortion is amazing and very real-like feature, but there is some people among your subscribers, who may need the option to disable it.
People with poor hearing, lack of professional ear, non-english native guys etc.
Me, for example. I am not native english speaker, and i do my best for learning english, but GOSH.. Your atc is so lightning fast at times. And it is very moment where "say again, please" coming from.
If i listen these fast controllers in audiorecorded section, i can catch almost all of their words, but not through modulation... I have not so professional ears to catch all of their commands through that scratches.
So i have to use handheld pilotage receiver for help, but it is uncomfortable, cuz i hear my own voice too and it is distracting.
Pilotedge is fantastic, please do not deprive us of opportunity to catch and hear and learn from that lighning speed ATC that we love so much but barely able to read through distortion.
One little option for me and several others, who really begging for it.