One and only one fse aircraft

FSE and PE make for a powerful combination
Amos Waterbury

Re: One and only one fse aircraft

Post by Amos Waterbury »

Oh good choice! I though abut the JS32, but it still is limited to going anywhere, like the 208.
I am a pylit
I am a puylt
I am a pylut

I LOVE TO FLY!
cruster

Post by cruster »

Amos Waterbury wrote:Oh good choice! I though abut the JS32, but it still is limited to going anywhere, like the 208.
I missed the "go anywhere" restriction. In that case, the MU2 works pretty well, as it was designed for unimproved airport operations. There are youtube videos of grass strip operations and it seems to handle them well. Compared to the C208, you get about 1.5x the speed, but lose about 33% of the pax capacity. Maintenance, fuel burn, etc. are higher, too. You do get a pressurized cabin in the Moo, though. With the JS32 being out of the picture, I'd have a hard time deciding between the MU2 and the C208. Can the Barons and King Airs land on short, grass/gravel strips?
crrreature

Post by crrreature »

I am in love with the DC-3/C-47, however, if you don't work routes that can support 20+ passenger loads then the Caravan (or even the Otter) can be quite profitable. Honestly what I enjoy most about the DC-3 is that: 1) it offers enough complication to be fun, 2) it can land just about on any strip, 3) the fuel per load ratio is absolutely amazing. One downside: speed is not mindblowing.

Fly it like you stole it! ;)