Crash 4 secs after connecting every time

272SP

Crash 4 secs after connecting every time

Post by 272SP »

I'm running PE 1.5.0 on OS X with X-Plane 11.30. Today this problem started. Every time I connect to PE, it'll work for about 4 seconds, I'll hear others speaking sometimes, and then it crashes the whole of XPlane.

I've tried deleting my XPlane preferences and that didn't work.

I tried removing my joystick which is a new addition, but which has worked for the past few days. That didn't work.

I tried restoring my entire machine to a backup from 12 hours ago just in case I changed something and that didn't work.

Also tried removing my USB headphones in case that was causing an issue and that didn't work.

I tried to attach my log file, but it says the 'txt' extension is not allowed so I zipped it into a file called l.zip. Attached.

There is a PilotEdge_out.txt and PilotEdge_stderr.txt file in the application directory. The 'out' file contains this:
looking for Macintosh HD:Applications:X-Plane 11:Aircraft:Laminar Research:Cessna 172SP:PE_com_selector.txt
looking for Macintosh HD:Applications:X-Plane 11:Aircraft:Laminar Research:Cessna 172SP:PE_com1_frequency.txt
Connecting N272SP with ICAO type: C172
sys ID = C02TT0CFHTD
Connected to PilotEdge Server
Connected to PilotEdge Voice
Sent voice ids to server: 10,11
Checking for traffic relay file...
Traffic relay file found, address = 192.168.1.135
COM2 is now considered to be off
There are teamspeak files in the logs/ directory, but nothing interesting in there that would indicate a problem.

Any ideas what the issue might be? Or what I can try to fix this? My simulator is unusable with PilotEdge right now and I'm actually out of ideas, so the next step would be to move to Windows or use another ATC service - and both options are really awful.

Thanks.

Mark.
Attachments
l.zip
(5.38 KiB) Downloaded 153 times
272SP

Re: Crash 4 secs after connecting every time

Post by 272SP »

I also verified that this occurs at airports other than my usual KAPA. For example John Wayne in CA.

Also verified it occurs in different aircraft. Tried a 747 and the same effect.

To be clear: XPlane performs normally. Then as soon as I connect and authenticate with PilotEdge, it'll either crash immediately or within a few seconds. Sometimes I'll hear brief radio chatter before it crashes if someone happens to be speaking on frequency.
Marcus Becker

Post by Marcus Becker »

To start, you probably should have started this in the X-Plane thread as this is completely X-Plane related.

Is it possible you have another plugin from another ATC service network in your plugin folder? If that's not the case, do you have CSLs installed in the PE folder that were not provided by PilotEdge or is it a completely vanilla plugin?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Moved to X-Plane forum. In the future, please post in the most specific forum for the topic to allow the the forum to scale as it was intended.

Try connecting in an area with no other traffic in the environment, such as Chicago, Miami, NY, etc.

If that results in a stable connection, then try setting your AI aircraft down to 0 and then reconnect in Socal.
272SP

Post by 272SP »

I've started a full reinstall.

I am not using a plugin by another ATC network.

I have not installed any CSLs. Vanilla install of XP and PE.

I'll try the traffic trick if the problem persists after reinstall.