Don’t know how to change models

rhallanger

Don’t know how to change models

Post by rhallanger »

Hello all,

Recent user of P3D PE client. I recently moved over a bunch of aircraft models from FSX such as C172.

When I tried logging into PE client for C172 it was linked to a Bombardier CRJ model. I tried going into the model directory but only saw it was directing the PE models to the Ultimate Traffic AI models directory, and the C172 wasn’t there.

Anyone know how I can add the C172 model to the linked model? Seems like I can only choose items in my UT1 directory and can’t see how to change where it’s pointing.
rhallanger

Re: Don’t know how to change models

Post by rhallanger »

Here's an example of an error I'm getting. Failed to create aircraft NEPHI2 using default model "UTLive_GL2_Tan_and_Orange". You must set a valid default model or you will keep getting this error! Disconnecting from network.
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

rhallanger wrote:Recent user of P3D PE client. I recently moved over a bunch of aircraft models from FSX such as C172.
1. make sure those models can be rendered in P3D (which ver? 4.4?) I assume you mean you want them to be displayed as AI for the PE traffic models, not as a flyable. The CRJ is the default model if PE can't match traffic to a model.
2. What directory did you move them to?
3. The PE P3D client will search for models and list directories and models under Settings - Model Matching. What do you see there?
Bruce
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB
rhallanger

Post by rhallanger »

Bruce,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question. I think the aircraft it's hanging up on is my displayed aircraft that appears in game (what other PE users would see me operating). The default CRJ 700 isn't in my library and I got the error, so I went to advanced and tried to select any of the UTL ones listed. It starts to work but then I get booted from the PE Client due to incompatible model. I don't know if PE is detecting that my C172 for what I'm logged in under isn't matching the model from UTL library that I selected.

I can't seem to figure out how to make it link up to my aircraft C172 model from FSX that I'm flying in P3D. The model flies fine in P3D, it's just matching these models up so I can log in to PE that I'm having a problem with.

To answer questions:

1. I'm using P3D v4.4
2. I moved my FSX default aircraft to my SimObjects\Airplanes folder in P3D and created a folder for each aircraft. For example, the C172 is in the following address: F:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172
3. The PE P3D model matching is linking up to F:\UTLive\UTLive Aircraft. I don't see anything model matching to my P3D folders.
bbuckley

Post by bbuckley »

Maybe there is a misunderstanding. Nothing about your sim system affects what other pilots see in their sim online. Other pilots will see whatever model their system matches to the aircraft type you use to log into PE. The Model Matching in your P3D PE client determines what model YOU see for OTHER TRAFFIC on PE. You don't have to select any model from the PE Settings Model Matching when you go fly. The problem I alluded to before is that I'm not positive that P3Dv4.4 will properly render all default FSX simobject. Personally I would not put those default FSX models in my P3D SimObjects folder. BTW the Bombardier CRJ should be a default airplane in P3Dv4.4 so there's no reason that model wouldn't exist for model matching. See pics below.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lr6a7j7jrn8nc ... 1.JPG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/897ouefluio1y ... 2.JPG?dl=0
Commercial / Instrument / KMLB