How to find out who is the controller during my flight?

Alex56

Post by Alex56 »

Hello, everyone!
How can I send a message to the controller if I need it?

I did not find information about this in PE.
Thanks.
A2A Piper Comanche 250 Professional, callsign N822JH, LogiTech 940 (joystick, pedals, throtle), AS16, P3Dv3.
Kevin_atc

Re: How to find out who is the controller during my flight?

Post by Kevin_atc »

There isn’t a way to do this for regular in-home customers. Are you experiencing an issue in which you need to discuss with the controller? Generally there’s no reason pilots need to contact the controller privately.

Sometimes the controller may be around the PilotEdge Discord, but that’s not guaranteed.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

You can't send messages to the controllers....nor can you do it in real life.

You don't generally know who your controller is, nor do you know this information in real life. This is all by design.

I've flown in systems where text messages were available, along with controller names. It doesn't have the desired outcomes. If you have a technical or procedural issue, you can seek help on Discord or support@pilotedge.net.
Alex56

Post by Alex56 »

kevin meyers wrote:There isn’t a way to do this for regular in-home customers. Are you experiencing an issue in which you need to discuss with the controller? Generally there’s no reason pilots need to contact the controller privately.
Sometimes the controller may be around the PilotEdge Discord, but that’s not guaranteed.
Sometimes I make blunders, I don’t do as the controller tells me, and he might think that I’m ignoring him. Therefore, I have a desire to explain what I am doing because of ignorance of the English language. I'm trying to learn English. I want to do as the controller tells me. I came to RE for this. If the controllers read this message, they will know about it. :)
Thanks.
A2A Piper Comanche 250 Professional, callsign N822JH, LogiTech 940 (joystick, pedals, throtle), AS16, P3Dv3.
jx_

Post by jx_ »

Post it here in the forums.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Alex,

I appreciate that, but can say something briefly over the radio if something happens, it's fine.

That, again, is what would happen in real life.

Keep in mind, not all controllers read this forum, nor will they know which aircraft you're flying because the only information that's listed in the forum is your username, which is "alex56".
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

You can also convey this message in the remarks of your flight plan. “Learning English” or something like that.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord