New PE ATIS vs. Sim's ATIS voice

Torbinator

New PE ATIS vs. Sim's ATIS voice

Post by Torbinator »

Hi guys,

How do I kill the X-Plane voice reading the ATIS when using PE's new ATIS player? The new PE player sounds great, but I hear my computer's text to speech playing too.
Tim Krajcar

Re: New PE ATIS vs. Sim's ATIS voice

Post by Tim Krajcar »

Since you mentioned you're on X-Plane, the answer is pretty simple: upgrade to X-Plane 11.30 :) 11.30 includes a dataref to disable ATIS that we can manipulate for you.
Tim Krajcar
Live streams at http://twitch.tv/Tim_PE
View past flights on YouTube
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Tim's suggestion would be best. Failing that...ironically, the "radios" volume in xplane will work. Unfortunately, we also use that to drive OUR volume (along with individual radio volumes). So, I might put out a new version of the PE plugin which ignores the the Radios volume so that you can turn it down to kill the synthetic ATC in pre XP11 sims.
Torbinator

Post by Torbinator »

Thanks guys. Yea I heard via Twitch chat that it was cause I was on 11.26. Thankfully the X-PlaneATIS is far less as loud ad the PE voice, so it's not so bad. I'm waiting on 11.32 before I upgrade from 11.26.
Thanks again for adding this new dimension of realism to the sim!
sono

Post by sono »

Torbinator wrote:I'm waiting on 11.32 before I upgrade from 11.26.
Just curious, do you mind me asking what it is about 11.30 that you prefer 11.26?
PE CAT-11, I-11, SKY-8
EASA and FAA (61.75) Private ASEL AMEL Instrument
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Torbinator wrote:Thanks guys. Yea I heard via Twitch chat that it was cause I was on 11.26. Thankfully the X-PlaneATIS is far less as loud ad the PE voice, so it's not so bad. I'm waiting on 11.32 before I upgrade from 11.26.
Thanks again for adding this new dimension of realism to the sim!
Actually just finishing the final builds of the plugin for various platforms that will mute the sim's ATIS all the way back to XP10.30. Look for the release shortly.