Post by sono »

Works fine in xplane 11
PE CAT-11, I-11, SKY-8
EASA and FAA (61.75) Private ASEL AMEL Instrument
Keith Smith

Re: Realistic Sounding ATC...Reviving old topic

Post by Keith Smith »

jport1 wrote:Any update?
I just deleted a 6 paragraph reply....so here's take 2.

Major things of a higher priority got in the way, time and time again. I won't detail what those things were. However, those things are no longer in the way and while there are 2 major things to take care of this week on the commercial bizdev side, there should still be bandwidth for me to hand this to the P3D dev who has been anxiously waiting since November.

When this is released, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to miss as there will be Facebook, twitter, home page, Discord, forum and email-based announcements.

You can assume that if you don't hear anything, it's either being worked on, or something prevented me from working on it and I will resume as soon as possible.

I know you to be a fairly nice and reasonable guy. Understand that asking for updates many times in the face of a request not to do so actually does cause some measure of pain. You believe you are entitled to do so, and I'm just letting you know that it has a different effect than you might be thinking.
jport1

Post by jport1 »

Keith, you’re a good man. Well put again. Not meaning to bug anyone. Your comments are noted. Patience ran rare in the family. Will wait semi patiently. I really do love this place! Thanks for humoring me, a bit.

Joe
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

All of the required code is in the hands of the P3D developer. We completed a walkthrough of the modifications that are required, along with a code review of how it works in X-Plane today. The distortion functionality was wrapped into a DLL and a bridge has been provided which allows the C# code to interface with the DLL. All that remains is the modification of the pilot client to utilize these new functions.
Kilstorm

Post by Kilstorm »

Sounds like yet another great feature will be coming to PE. You guys are on one heck of a rollout...pun intended.
Nathan Palmer
Nantucket, MA
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

P3D/FSX version 1.1.0 released with distortion support. Fire up the client, it will alert you that a new version is available.