questions from prospective user(s)

Keith Smith

Re: questions from prospective user(s)

Post by Keith Smith »

navigraph is a service which can provide you with updated procedures and nav databases.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Keith Smith wrote:navigraph is a service which can provide you with updated procedures and nav databases.
Mattcwell wrote:New prospective user here and about to start the 2-week trial.

My question has to do with published procedures. Since arrival/departure procedures and instrument approach procedures get updated so often in the real world, the procedures available in x-plane are often out of date compared to their real life counterparts. How does pilot edge handle that? Or is there some way to update the sim’s database that I’m unaware of?
Keith’s reply is a great solution, but if you aren’t looking to pay anything, note that updating your nav data isn’t required by any means for PE. Depending on the type of flying you are planning to do, a lot of it can be done using simple VORs and radials which rarely get updated (if anything, they get decommissioned these days). Unfortunately Southern California has had a massive procedural update within the past couple of years but you can still find conventional SIDS and STARS that can be flown using basic nav equipment.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
jeff0000

Post by jeff0000 »

Keith,
I've been going through all your YouTube PE IFR workshops for a few weeks now and am closer to a PilotEdge trial and membership once I can start to copy down IFR clearances and "useful" on the network.

I've heard that PilotEdge uses drones - will I be able to see the drones in the sim? I have Prepar3D v4 / X-Plane 11. If yes, how will the sim know which plane model to use? Will I be able to see other PE users' aircraft in the sim too?

Does PE sequence departing IFR aircraft and use r/w phraseology for ground like "line up and wait", "follow the Airbus XXX", "give way to the Boeing XXX" etc terminology? Would be nice to feel the real-world pressure in the sim.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

I've heard that PilotEdge uses drones - will I be able to see the drones in the sim? I have Prepar3D v4 / X-Plane 11. If yes, how will the sim know which plane model to use? Will I be able to see other PE users' aircraft in the sim too?

Does PE sequence departing IFR aircraft and use r/w phraseology for ground like "line up and wait", "follow the Airbus XXX", "give way to the Boeing XXX" etc terminology? Would be nice to feel the real-world pressure in the sim.
Yes, you will see other aircraft. The sim will automatically draw the plane for you so you don’t need to worry about that.

And of course, the ATC phraseology that you will hear is exactly like the real world. Check out some of the audio archives on the website and I’m sure you will agree.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
jeff0000

Post by jeff0000 »

Thanks Kevin. For users with only the base subscription (no Western US expansion), does PE only use TEC routes for airports in the SoCal area where available (just like r/w I'm guessing)? If I file a different route, I will probably not get it, correct?
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

jeff0000 wrote:Thanks Kevin. For users with only the base subscription (no Western US expansion), does PE only use TEC routes for airports in the SoCal area where available (just like r/w I'm guessing)? If I file a different route, I will probably not get it, correct?
Correct, all real world TEC routes are used within SoCal.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
davenicoll

Post by davenicoll »

I had a pilot edge subscription some years ago, about 5/6 I think...paid for a whole year.

I subscribed after my trial period but due to personal circumstances I don't think I used the service many times, if at all.

I am now in a far better position to use the service on a much more frequent basis.

Am I able to have a trial period to confirm that or once you have expired your trial period that's it irrespective of the time lapse?

Thank you

Dave
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

davenicoll wrote:I had a pilot edge subscription some years ago, about 5/6 I think...paid for a whole year.

I subscribed after my trial period but due to personal circumstances I don't think I used the service many times, if at all.

I am now in a far better position to use the service on a much more frequent basis.

Am I able to have a trial period to confirm that or once you have expired your trial period that's it irrespective of the time lapse?

Thank you

Dave
Hi Dave, welcome back.

The free trial's purpose is to give you a taste of the service and does not renew after a lapse of membership. Whenever you're ready to dive back in, you will need to renew your membership either on a monthly or annual basis.

Also, check us out on Discord to be part of our large community. www.pilotedge.net/discord
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing