KHAF 122.20 issue

FDXDave

KHAF 122.20 issue

Post by FDXDave »

Flew out of Half Moon Bay this morning and noticed that tuning into 122.2 to obtain clearance resulted with X-Planes default ATIS coming across. I believe it was from Oakland something. So not sure if that can be blocked somehow.
Not a big deal, i ended up using norcal instead but was staticky.
Love the new system. 1st time I've run into any issue.
Dave.
Keith Smith

Re: KHAF 122.20 issue

Post by Keith Smith »

The only time we suppress X-Plane's built-in ATIS is if you are tuned to an ATIS frequency that we're using for our broadcasts (ie, a real world ATIS freq, and you're in reasonable range of it, even if you aren't quite able to hear it yet).

122.20 is not a published ATIS freq as far as I know, so we'd have no reason to suppress it. What were you hearing, exactly? ie, which airport AWOS/ATIS were you hearing? Have you verified that it's a published AWOS/ATIS freq for the airport in question?

If it doesn't match any r/w published freqs, then chances are it's a mistake in the X-Plane nav database. If so, it's not a PE issue...it's something that needs to be corrected on the X-Plane side.
FDXDave

Re: KHAF 122.20 issue

Post by FDXDave »

Yes i checked ATIS & AWOS For Oakland, the displayed message, and KHAF. Neither publish 122.2. I'm leaning towards an XP bug. Actually rethinking it the KHAF scenery i have is a custom payware scenery i purchased on the org. I'll message the scenery developer. I bet it's in his AP file somewhere. Thanks for the explanation.

Dave.