No radio

tim79mc

No radio

Post by tim79mc »

Hi,

I've been struggling with PilotEdge radio sound on my desktop PC. X-plane 11.30 and PilotEdge 1.5.0.

I hear the "connected" when I sign into pilotedge, as well as the aircraft sounds, etc.
But, I hear zero sound from the radio. I've tuned to ATIS, KSBP tower, KSBP ground, CTAFs, and several others. I've requested a radio check, but either no one hears me or, more likely, I can't hear them back.

I know where the audio panel COM1 switch is, I know it's on. I've tried on COM2 as well. I hear nothing from anyone.

PilotEdge works great on my laptop. Radios are loud and clear, but it's a laptop and doesn't make for a very good sim experience.

I've looked around and followed all of the advise I've found - Windows sound panel, speakers/headphones... I'm hoping there's something simple that I'm missing.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
TIm
amross03

Re: No radio

Post by amross03 »

Mine does the same thing. Although I've figured out in the Cessna g1000, if you turn off your avionics switch, it will go ahead and play the ATIS. Just have to fly with one screen powered up. Still can't figure out why I can't hear anyone and assume no one can hear me. Any luck figuring out what is going on?

Just on the trial version, and at this rate, I won't be paying for or continuing my subscription. Disappointing to say the least.
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Basic trouble shooting would start with tuning both your com1 and com2 radios to 123.45. Then do a radio check. If you can hear yourself when you talk, then it’s working properly.

Also, i assume you’ve tried with your engines running? If not, maybe both screens is pulling too much power away from the airplane thus the radios don’t have enough power to function.

Those are some basic starting tips. We can dive deeper after that.

Also, what airport are you sitting at and what frequency are you trying?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Moved to the X-Plane forum. Please use the most specific forum you can for your posts, otherwise the General forum becomes a blend of tech support and general discussion.

Amross, I would be suspicious about the audio playback device that's being used. Can you check your PE audio preferences and specifically set the output device you'd like to use?

Kevin's suggestion of using 123.45 with dual radios is a good start, as is simply trying to pick up the ATIS at a supported towered airport in the coverage area.

Try the stock 172, non-G1000. Engine running at 1000rpm or more (xplane's alternator doesn't put out much if you're below 1000rpm).
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Just on the trial version, and at this rate, I won't be paying for or continuing my subscription. Disappointing to say the least.
I understand that you're disappointed. Please know that if the system didn't work in general, then we wouldn't still be operating in general as a business. Chances are you have an audio configuration error. Once that's resolved, I'm fairly confident it'll work well for you in xplane. Please understand that the purpose of the trial is to allow you to get it up and running.
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

Windows update 1903 messed up a lot of my audio settings. My OBS lost all sound as well as my Team Speak. I had to reset every device to capture the correct device. Ie. Reset my mic and heatset. I hope you get it working again. PE works great.

Dave