New Pilot

Masivx

New Pilot

Post by Masivx »

Good evening, I recently was told about the PilotEdge experience and had a question. If I am just a flight sim enthusiast is this program right for me? I want to further my knowledge in flying and have a deeper experience.
Thanks for any feedback

Kyle
Kevin_atc

Re: New Pilot

Post by Kevin_atc »

Absolutely! Plenty of PE’s customers are just enthusiasts who want to make their sim as real as possible, therefore they’ve come to the right place.

There are tons of resources between the website, the PE community, the PE forums, the PE Discord, and even the PE social medias that can teach you everything you’d ever want to know.

Welcome to the network!
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Masivx

Post by Masivx »

Thanks! My last question would be as someone coming from flying on VATSIM off and on, are there any restrictions on this network as to what you are allowed to fly? I have a few addon aircrafts such as the FF767 and FF777 that I'm 95% of the time flying. Just wanted to know if they had to be default aircraft specific to the simulator.

Much appreciated

Kyle
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

The only restriction is you need to be competent to fly the aircraft on the flight you are attempting. If you take the 777 from LAX-LAS, you better know how to properly fly a SID/STAR and an instrument approach. Basically, never bite off more than you can chew. The controllers have a lot more patience for a C172 flying the pattern than for a 777 flying IFR between two Bravos. If you’re going to be doing the latter, make sure you know what you’re doing.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

A little tip coming over to this network from Vatsim a while ago. There are many bad habits you gain on vatsim which are kind of a nuisance here.
1. Don't request your IFR or clearance in anyway ending with "as filed". You hear that on vatsim all the time and its wrong. Bad practice.
2. When you check in with the next controlker, aka, Norcal Appr or CTR, don't say "with you" or "checking in". Just a simple altitude for alt is all. With call sign.
3rd. You don't need permission to push in non movment areas. Only if pushing back onto an active taxiway.
4th. You don't need to tell ground your ready for twr you just switch to twr on your own when short the RW. But after you land, you will need permission to switch to gnd from twr. Also, always stop after the stop bar when exciting a runway.
5th. If you hear a controller giving out someone's clearance, do not key up even if you don't hear the other pilot until you hear the controller say " readback correct". Now you will be safe to call up who ever.

I fly both networks. But i fly this one every day due to their level of professionalism.

You will get a lot out of this. PE that is. Last but not least. If you make a mistake, we all do, even the controllers, don't just sign off due to frustration. There is no escape button irl, so just take a deep breath and start again.

With PE, as soon as you think you have a handle on it, you learn something new.

Best brain health food around. Every mistake made makes you smarter.

Welcome to PE.

Dave.
UAL1399