raysot

[SOLVED]: PE Plugin not listed...

Post by raysot »

Brand new system
Win10 (Latest)
X-Plane (Latest, non-beta)

Having an issue with Pilotedge not appearing in the Plugin List:

Log contains this info:
C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/PilotEdge/64/win.xpl : Error Code = 126 : The specified module could not be found.
C:\X-Plane 11/Resources/plugins/PilotEdge/win.xpl : Error Code = 193 : %1 is not a valid Win32 application.

I have the latest version of the C++ Redist installed as well.

Hoping someone can help. :-)
Last edited by raysot on Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Smith

Re: PE Plugin not listed...

Post by Keith Smith »

Can you list the files that you see in the PilotEdge/64 folder? You might have an anti-virus program that is removing the ts3client_win64.dll file. If that's the case, you need to recover the file (or just extract it from the PilotEdge.zip file again).
raysot

Re: PE Plugin not listed...

Post by raysot »

libts3client_linux_amd64.so
lin.xpl
ts3client_win64.dll
win.xpl

Everything appears to be in order, but... still no PE plugin listed.
raysot

[SOLVED]: PE Plugin not listed...

Post by raysot »

So, after a few hours and a few more grey hairs I have PE listed as a valid plugin.

This doesn't appear to be a PE Client issue but rather a Microsoft VC++ Redist issue.

I have several other apps that require this C++ thing. After going into my 'Installed Programs' I discovered no less than 6 instances of the VC++ Redist package of varying versions (2010, 2012, 2016, 2017... You get the idea) installed.

Even after cleaning up that mess and installing the latest VC++ Redist package (2019), the PE Client still wasn't appearing as a plugin.

Only after uninstalling every C++ package and installing *only* the VC++ Redist (>2010<) version, did everything come back as expected.

Thanks for helping to look into this. :-D
Keith Smith

Re: [SOLVED]: PE Plugin not listed...

Post by Keith Smith »

They're designed to have multiple versions installed simulataneously. The dependent apps will use the version they are designed for. This is why we link to the 2010 version rather than to whatever the lastest version is. I'm glad you're all sorted out, but it sounds like all that was required was downloading and installing the version that we provided the link to :)