[Oct 20th, 2019] 1500 PDT - Newbie Night!

Planning a flight, looking for others to come along?
Kevin_atc

[Oct 20th, 2019] 1500 PDT - Newbie Night!

Post by Kevin_atc »

Newbie Night is an evening geared toward those who need a little help getting started with PilotEdge.

Whether you can't get the PilotEdge software working, can't hear ATC, don't know what to say to ATC, don't know how to use PilotEdge or maximize its potential, or maybe you're just a little shy- Newbie Night will create a stress-free environment to connect to the network, learn some basics, meet other newbies, and make mistakes without any pressure.

Event Schedule (all times in Pacific Time (GMT-7) :
3pm: OPTIONAL Connection/mic setup & support. An hour of Q&A support for those who haven't been able to get the PilotEdge software working, or those who haven't been able to hear/transmit on the radios
4pm: Introduction to flying on PilotEdge- We'll discuss how PE differs from other networks, what is expected of you, what you can expect, and all of the extra training material free of charge with PilotEdge.
4:30pm: Introduction to non-towered airport operations- We'll discuss how non-towered airports function and what is expected of you regarding radio calls.
5pm: Fly the CAT-1 rating flight- The Communications and Airspace Training (CAT) ratings are a set of 10 VFR ratings on PilotEdge. While optional to complete, hundreds of PE customers have flown the CAT ratings in an effort to learn all about VFR flying. At 5pm, we will all fly the CAT-1 rating together which is a 50 mile flight from L52-L88, two non-towered airports.
6pm: Intro to towered airports- We'll discuss the transition from non-towered airports to towered airports and how they differ as well as how you work the radio when departing and arriving at a towered airport.
6:30pm: Fly the CAT-2 rating flight- The CAT-2 rating introduces flying at a towered airport. We'll fly the rating together from L88-KSBP and practice what we've learned.

Prerequisites:
1. Have an active PilotEdge account (2-week trial accounts are welcome! :) )
1a. If your trial has expired and you were never able to get the hang of things during your free trial, contact us (billing@pilotedge.net) to see about reactivating the trial for this event.
2. Have a working headset or mic.
3. Attempt to connect to PilotEdge prior to this event. The "Connection/mic setup" hour is OPTIONAL and should only be attended by those who have already tried to connect but have encountered difficulties.
4. Be familiar with flying your simulator- We aren't here to teach you all about X-Plane, P3D or FSX. This event is about learning the basics of PilotEdge and radio communication.
5. OPTIONAL Familiarize yourself with the first 3 workshops available here: https://www.pilotedge.net/workshops. While lengthy, they will give you a far better understanding of VFR flying going into this event.

How to join the event:
The event will be hosted on PilotEdge's Discord server. Learn more about Discord and how to connect here: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/discord-community
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Mark Hansen

Re: [Oct 20th, 2019] 1500 PDT - Newbie Night!

Post by Mark Hansen »

how /where can we receive information to even get connected to this? Just got my account and the client loaded... the link provided is a blank page... will that have something when we start/
Mark Hansen

Post by Mark Hansen »

what am I doing wrong?

I would like to get into to this training and see what this is all about?
Mark Hansen

Post by Mark Hansen »

is this event going on???

I have followed this link
How to join the event:
The event will be hosted on PilotEdge's Discord server. Learn more about Discord and how to connect here: https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/discord-community

the additional link it sends me to a blank page.
Mark Hansen

Post by Mark Hansen »

This is the invite link https://discordapp.com/invite/ZW4DJMp

It's white page... is there something else I need to do?
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Are you using your computer to click the link? It works fine for me
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
Mark Hansen

Post by Mark Hansen »

yes, I'm on my PC
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

https://www.pilotedge.net/pages/discord-community

Try the link once more through here
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Mark Hansen

Post by Mark Hansen »

nothing but a white page
Mark Hansen

Post by Mark Hansen »

is there a setting I may have wrong that wrong that won't display the page