Changing connect aircraft type

overload

Changing connect aircraft type

Post by overload »

Using x-plane 11 to connect to pilotedge, the aircraft type doesn't seem to be editable? Thought a flight plan would override it, but looking at the pilotedge live map, it still showed my connection aircraft, not the one on the flight plan. Can I change the connection type? Or does the controller see the flight plan type, even if the live map doesn’t?
kullery

Re: Changing connect aircraft type

Post by kullery »

Ken Ullery - PPL-SEL, 1G5
overload

Post by overload »

Thanks for the link - but this is what I see, I can't change the aircraft type, EPIC, it doesn't seem editable?
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (124.48 KiB) Viewed 3815 times
Thanks
Eugene
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Ken’s link has your answer, just read it. You’ll need to go into Plane Maker to edit it (very quick and easy fix). But, I am curious as to why you want to change it as it seems it auto filled correctly. What are you trying to accomplish?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
overload

Post by overload »

I just wanted to fly a different aircraft type :)
Thanks - will look into Plane Maker.
Eugene
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

The ICAO code will automocally change when you change aircraft. You may need to disconnect and reconnect, but it’ll happen automatically. Unless you’re referring to flying an aircraft that doesn’t have an ICAO code in which you do need to go thru Plane Maker to fix that.
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
Want faster answers to your forum questions? Join our Discord community: www.pilotedge.net/discord
overload

Post by overload »

Looked at the EPIC in Plane Maker - this is what I saw, haven't modified it in any way.
EPIC 1.PNG
EPIC 1.PNG (38.73 KiB) Viewed 3812 times
Was rather hoping the "ICAO Code For ATC " box was empty, and adding EPIC to it, would do the trick, but it's already there.
So, I just need to know how to do the quick and easy bit!
Thanks
Eugene
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Eugene,

From your screenshots, there is nothing wrong with your Epic. Everything is good to go there. I’m uncertain what you’re trying to accomplish. What is it that you are trying to do?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing
overload

Post by overload »

Change the type from EPIC, to C310, PC12, B737, whatever type of aircraft I want to fly on X-plane/Pilotedge?
In the link provided earlier, shown below, C172 is in an editable white box, and can be changed at will - when I use connect, "EPIC" isn't in a white box (see my Connect screen shot from earlier), so can't be changed?
Don't always want to fly the EPIC.
Thanks
Eugene
epic 2.PNG
epic 2.PNG (53.62 KiB) Viewed 3809 times
Kevin_atc

Post by Kevin_atc »

Just load up your different aircraft in XPlane and it should change it automatically. If not, a simple disconnect and reconnect from the network will fix it. Have you tried that?
Kevin
PilotEdge Marketing