11.50b1 Unable to see pilotedge traffic

shanethomas

11.50b1 Unable to see pilotedge traffic

Post by shanethomas »

Not sure if this has been reported or not but I cannot see other pilotedge traffic while flying using beta 11.50b1.

(EDIT by PilotEdge staff: Vulkan support is available in PilotEdge X-Plane client 1.6.3 or newer)
shanethomas

Re: 11.50b1 Unable to see pilotedge traffic

Post by shanethomas »

Thanks! I see that Vulkan is mentioned but not metal for Mac. I assume you all are working on both?
FDXDave

Post by FDXDave »

None of the online clients work right now. But some day they all will again. I dont mess with betas. Id rather have a stable sim expierence. i get enough beta hell from DCS to cover them all. Lol.
shanethomas

Post by shanethomas »

For those of you that care to see Pilot Edge's discord/facebook note on this issue...

X-Plane 11.50 public beta just dropped with Vulkan support. We were aware this was coming and are aware that the PilotEdge X-Plane plugin needs to be modified to be able to visually display traffic when Vulcan is enabled

We'll advise when this is done and ready for release. In the mean time, upgrade carefully. If you do try the new beta, know that you will NOT see PE traffic out the window when Vulkan is enabled, although you can still fly on PilotEdge with the new beta if you wish.
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

shanethomas wrote:Thanks! I see that Vulkan is mentioned but not metal for Mac. I assume you all are working on both?
Correct, we don't have to write Vulkan-specific code. We just need to swap to a newer drawing API within X-Plane.
gfaerman

Post by gfaerman »

Hi Keith,

Any hints about ETA for Vulcan fix?
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Can't get it done during business hours due to existing commitments. Have been on the scope for 75% of the evenings for the past two weeks because of traffic. There's been a number of projects I've successfully transitioned over to other people, so hopefully I'll have some time soon to get back into it. Some work has been done, but there is still a way to go. I don't have an ETA, but the moment I have something substantial to post, I will. I'm aware it's highly in demand.

I had a long conversation with Ben S about it from Laminar. 11.50 is not coming out of beta any time in the next few weeks.
gfaerman

Post by gfaerman »

Thank you Keith. Fully understand. Hard to keep up with a moving target.

Let the PE community know if we can help somehow.

Cheers,

Gustavo
Perk

Post by Perk »

Vulkan is so shiny! Any word on the plugin support?~ :roll: