Connected to Pilot Edge voice disabled

uncertifiedpilot

Re: Connected to Pilot Edge voice disabled

Post by uncertifiedpilot »

Well, ... none of the sorts on our ends :-) In all cases, just make sure you use updated motherboard (audio) drivers.
I use flight simulator to get Instrument Rated: www.uncertifiedpilot.com
Join my live streams on Twitch
Watch my previous flights on YouTube
RHD

Post by RHD »

Keith Smith wrote:That.....is terrifying.
From one CEO to another, I hope you are incredibly honored people are willing to work this hard to use something you created :-)

You did an amazing job!
Ross
BFG

Post by BFG »

Just posted on another part of the forum as I've had the same problem: Rift S audio comes through as unreadable static to the controllers, but sounds fine on OBS streaming software. I'll try a driver install. FWIW, I also am running the Rift S insider beta software -- that might also be the issue. I'll revert and check again. And apologies for torturing Seattle CD today until I figured out he heard me as static ...
RHD

Post by RHD »

BFG wrote:Just posted on another part of the forum as I've had the same problem: Rift S audio comes through as unreadable static to the controllers, but sounds fine on OBS streaming software. I'll try a driver install. FWIW, I also am running the Rift S insider beta software -- that might also be the issue. I'll revert and check again. And apologies for torturing Seattle CD today until I figured out he heard me as static ...
BFF,
For sure use PE 123.45 on COM1 and COM2 to make sure you hear and are being heard before goin over to ATC.
ROSS
craigsteffen

Re: Connected to Pilot Edge voice disabled (xplane)

Post by craigsteffen »

A quick post in case anyone has this problem for Simventure today on July 25.

The best thing to do is to jump onto the discord server (linked at the bottom of the Simventure page).

However, Kevin M told me this yesterday: "Pilotedge/vspro Resources folder, try removing the vsprosound file". So in Resources/plugins/Pilotedge/VSP_resources/ there's a "vsprosound" file. That apparently caches what Pilot Edge thinks the sound device is. If you change your sound configuration (I think) you have the remove that file (or save off a copy) then re-run it so that forces it to find the sound device.

Remember that Pilot Edge will tend to grab the default microphone and default sound output. If it doesn't like them it won't work (I guess).

Also--the "call ATC" button must be pressed to get transmitting to work, not Xplane's "push to talk". If you have Pilot Edge on and when you push the button you get the menu, then pilot edge isn't set up right. For what it's worth, when I had that mapped to a keyboard button (either "return" which is default, or "M") it doesn't work, but when I mapped it to a button on my joystick, it did work.

You need to turn off "generate ATC" in the sound preferences. I guess that interferes with pilot edge getting sound in.

I got the sound to work by completely disabling sound on the motherboard and using a plug-in USB headset.

After simventure I will do a run where I'll turn off things one at a time and report back here what works and what doesn't. I just don't have time today.

Good luck!

Craig Steffen
N4875D
staffordcastle

Post by staffordcastle »

For me, I just updated my Windows 10 to v2004 and it installed Skype which started automatically at startup. Once I killed Skype (I uninstalled it too), PilotEdge was able to connect successfully. Skype must have capture to the mic but would not let any other app use it. Some apps will do that.