Traffic update rate for multi-machine system

ChuckK

Traffic update rate for multi-machine system

Post by ChuckK »

I have a three computer XP sim, one for the simulation, and 2 for external displays. I updated the plugin to the most recent version to correct the multi-computer timing issue with PE traffic. It did correct it in that the traffic no longer moves backward then forward.

But, I am however only getting about 3 traffic updates per second resulting in very jerky movement. Is this normal?

Each of my computers are running over 50fps, so I'm doubt that's the bottleneck. Currently running XP 11.41.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Chuck
PA-46 N113WB
Keith Smith

Re: Traffic update rate for multi-machine system

Post by Keith Smith »

Known issue, will be fixed in the next public build. I posted a test version on our Discord last week with the fix in our #xplane room.
ChuckK

Post by ChuckK »

That was the plugin I used from discord. Are you saying there will be another coming?

Chuck
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Chuck, v1.5.4, posted 5/16/20 in the X-Plane room on our Discord. I don't think that's the one you have, otherwise the version would be 1.5.4. I'm guessing you downloaded the current version from our web site, perhaps through a generic download link you saw on our Discord. What I'm saying is that I posted a specific message with a test build, making it very clear what it was for and what it fixed. Grab that one by scolling back through the Discord post to that date and give it a try. It's been tested by 2-3 others with multi-machine installations and has worked well for them. Windows 64-bit only.
ChuckK

Post by ChuckK »

Sounds good I take a look and report back.

Chuck
ChuckK

Post by ChuckK »

I checked my plugin and I do have the one from the 5/16 #xplane Discord.

Prior to that I did have the website plugin. The website plugin resulted in external aircraft moving forward then snapping backward. When I installed the Discord plugin, the forward and backward movement stopped, but the update rate of the external aircraft was only roughly 3 frames per sec. resulting in very jerky movement.

I looked at my network settings in X-plane, and noticed my transmissions per second for the Slaves was set at 40 but for Multiplayer was set a 1. Could this low multiplayer setting be the issue?

Chuck
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

Chuck,

What is version number of your plugin in the PIlotEdge_out.txt file in the xplane root of the VISUAL computer(s)?

The update rate for multiplayer is not relevant in your xplane settings.
ChuckK

Post by ChuckK »

I think that's the problem, I neglected to update the plugins on the external display machines...Duh, User Error... :oops:
I'll confirm tonight.

Chuck
Keith Smith

Post by Keith Smith »

It's ok, I can see how it might only occur to you to update the master computer if you felt the issue was that the master wasn't relaying the data fast enough to the slave. That is not the case, though. Updating the plugin on the slave is going to fix the issue.
ChuckK

Post by ChuckK »

I updated the plugin on all 3 machines, and all is well.

Thank You Keith for the help and for PilotEdge.

Chuck